⋆⋅ 21 ⋅⋆

ɪ ʟ ʟ
⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

RECENTLY MY LIFE HAD been a dark misty cloud, lingering above my head and every thought i had. It's been a while since something good has happened in my life.

But today that changed. The dark stormy cloud that had been attached to me from above now had a ray of sunshine peaking through it.

Miguel had woken up.

Suddenly life didn't seem so terrible. Although he isn't in the best condition, i was happy to hear my friend was okay.

It's been a few days since everyone returned to school, and it seems like no one can drop the topic. Tyler for example hasn't had one normal conversation with me without mentioning something about the fight.

Part of me was annoyed he kept bringing it up, especially since Miguel wasn't okay. But i also knew part of him didn't care about Miguel's condition, he was still the enemy in his eyes.

Tyler had heard from sam that Miguel had woken up, but unfortunately he found out he may never be able to walk again. It hurt knowing this all happened over something that could have been talked about.

Everyone was to blame, yet the only person paying the price was Miguel.

I wondered if sam had went to see him, what that interaction was like if she did. But instead i buried my thoughts and decided seeing him right now was the best thing i could do for myself.

Even if he wasn't in the best condition i wanted to make sure he knew i was there for him. If that meant for him to cry, laugh, maybe even confide in.

I needed a sense of normal. My life had been turning upside down, and i think Miguel needs just as much as a break as i do.

I pull out my phone, checking the time, before turning it off and walking down the hall towards Miguel's room.

I had been avoiding visiting him for two reasons. One, i was scared he would never wake up and my last goodbye would be to an unmoving body. And two, nothing was going to be the same.

I was sacred everything was going to change. That Miguel would shut me out and every time we talk an awkward silence would hang in the air around us.

I didn't want that.

I swallowed my thoughts, the words plunging in my throat painfully scratching and clawing at my breathing.

I let out one last breath before turning again to Miguel's open door. Once i see him inside the words fall to the pit of my stomach in unease.

oh miguel.

My heart wrenched, watching as the boy in-front of me smiled even after everything he has been through.

"Willow?," He smiled brightly.

My smile wavered in disbelief at the fact that even after being told devastating news just a few days ago, he still had that same old smile on his face.

"Hey." I step forward into the room looking
around. My shoes tapped against the tiled floor as i walked inside. "Well isn't this luxurious." I said sarcastically, my eyes swooping over everything in the room.

Miguel laughs at my joke."Yeah, i'm living like a king out here." His innocent smile makes me smile harder.

"How have you been?." I ask, walking towards the bed and taking a seat beside him on a chair close by.