⋆⋅ 28 ⋅⋆

ɪ ʟ ʟ  
⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

IT WAS TOO EARLY for me to please kai's needs. Because the kid was on a mission and made it very clear that he knew what he wanted, and i had no reason to say no.

"Can we please, please, please! go to golf n' stuff  after school?." Kai begged, stabbing at the pancake on his plate.

waffles are better.

"Ask your sister." Mom said shrugging from the kitchen. I pull the fork to my lips, loving the bitter sweat taste of getting my way.

I roll my eyes when kai looks back at me. "Can we ple-"

"No." I cut him off, looking over my shoulder at mom."Have mom take you i have things to do."

"Oh c'mon!, Can't an eleven year old just live for once!." He complained, propping his shoulders on the table in-front of us with an unhappy expression.

"You're ten." I remind him.

"Yeah and more successful then you'll ever be." His unhappy expression turns into a pleasant grin.

"Don't talk when my bus money is equivalent to more then what you have in your wallet." He gasps in shock as mom puts the pan down in the kitchen. The clack of metal against granite countertop is not a pleasant sound.

"Knock it off, Willow you're taking kai." I gap at her, turning around in disbelief.

"Oh hell yeah!" He yells in victory. Moms eyes narrow at his antics.

"Watch it. My mind will change if i hear even one inappropriate word come out of your mouth." She reminds him.

Kai's face drops, before quickly nodding. "I'm gonna go get dressed!." He finished his plate and began dashing towards the steps. His feet followed him to his room, his loud excited stomps match the rhythm of my pounding head.

"Is Dad coming home early today?." I ask mom, picking at the waffles on my plate.

"Your father is a very busy man." She says. She didn't have to explain, for me to know what she meant. No. Her answer was no and he wasn't going to magically show up. It's been weeks since i've properly seen my father and even though this move has taken a toll on him, it doesn't mean he can just walk out on me.

"I just want to see him, he's not absent mom. And he shouldn't be hiding from us because he's scared." I breathed out, putting the napkin i had been using on my plate. "He can't be scared he's going to get mad and do something,he has to be here."

Mom turns off the sink and begins drying her wet hands. "He's just tired Willow."

I feel the urge to roll my eyes, but i refrain. If i do that it will only paint me as the bad guy, the one who will never truly understand what my father is going through. I understand what he's going through, and i understand how he can act, but i need him. Everyone is scared of something, and he so happens to be scared of himself. But he can't be afraid of himself when he choose to make two children who are also versions of him.

"I-I'm ready!." Kai runs down the step as mom motions for me to pass her my dish.

"You guys go ahead." She smiled "Call me when you make it there." I nod, walking towards the front door and looking at myself in the mirror. I fix my low waisted skirt and graphic tee, then begin flattening the stray hairs frizzing at the top of my head.

"Hurry up!" Kai said, grabbing the car keys from my hands and running to the car. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

I didn't know why he was in such a rush, but he looked determined.