⋆⋅ 22 ⋅⋆

ɪ ʟ ʟ
⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

ME, MOON, TYLER and my new friend Yasmine all sat down at a lunch table in the cafeteria. It was weird being back in school after everything unfolded, but having a sense of normality while hanging out with Moon and Yasmine was refreshing.

I didn't know Yasmine all that well, and even though it was blandly obvious she was popular and a supposed "mean girl". We got along quite fondly.

We had our differences, but i also had no reason to judge her. She hasn't done anything for me to hate her yet, and she seemed... okay?.

Moon seemed to love her tons. She explained to me that her and Yasmine were very close ever since middle school, and even then they always got along fine.

"I can't believe this place." Moon says, chewing on my fries as i look at the teenagers crowded around us.

"Tell me about it!, i left for two months and this place is turned upside down." I laugh at Yasmines words as i chew on a french fry from my cafeteria tray.

My eyes scan the cafeteria, Brooke and Della laugh along with Eli as he kicks and does tricks with a soccer ball in his hands.

Another crowd of students beside them laughed and gossiped as they went around telling each other stories.

"Hey! You ready to rock our earth science presentation?" I look over my shoulder to see Demetri walking in with a cloth covered object. It was huge considering how he was struggling to hold it up with both hands.

"I'm ready to go back to a world where we don't have to talk regularly." I smile at Yasmines words, her bluntness was refreshing in an environment so full of bullshit.

"Hey, hey! My popularity's on the rise, while yours is steadily declining." She looks at me for reassurance or to prove him wrong, but all i do is shrug.

"He has a point."

Yasmine gaps at me as Demetri continues. "But, uh, maybe we can meet in the middle, like a sеxual Venn diagram."

We all begin laughing loudly at his words, as Yasmine fights a smile on her lips.

"Ew." She shook her head in disgust, but it didn't take a genius to know she liked his joke.

"So what's under the sheet?." Tyler asks curiously.

"I'm glad you asked." He pulled the cloth revealing a large lego set of what looked like volcano and dinosaurs."Behold... what scientists believe to be the Valley when dinosaurs roamed the Earth."

I look around the project amazed that someone could have enough patience to pull something like this off.

"Go ahead, press the hadrosaur egg." Demetri gestures to Yasmine. She bites her lip unsurely before pressing it down.

Smoke escapes the top of the volcano, and all i can do is stare mesmerized at such a complicated task to complete. Yet somehow he pulled it off.

I remember when i was eight i cried over a lego set mom had bought for Kai. He cried because he couldn't finish it, and i cried because i couldn't figure out which pieces went where even though the game was for kids ages three and up.

"What the fuck." Tyler gasps. I breathe out watching as the volcano roars and more smoke escapes.

"Not bad!" Yasmine smiles proudly. "My parents may not have to pay for my A."

"Your parents will never have to pay for an A again."

"The nerd rizz is insane!." Tyler whispers under his breath beside me.