⋆⋅ 23 ⋅⋆

ɪ ʟ ʟ  
⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

I WALK UP MY LIVING ROOM steps as Demetri followed behind me.

I never expected me and Demetri to be friends. Although he has a massive brain he also carries a massive heart. And i was happy i was fortunate enough to be someone he considers a friend.

Me and him don't have much in common, but it was nice having someone to talk to.

"Your dog is super cute and your mom is a lovely women." I laugh at his words, continuing up the steps to my room. It was weird having Demetri in my house, but once i found out we share a love for cinema i insisted on inviting him over to watch a movie.

Plus staying in the house unoccupied by myself or with kai all the time feels confiding at times.

"I didn't know you were into art." He said, pointing at the paintings laying across my bed.

I shrug, flicking on the lights . "Yeah kinda."

"Kinda?" He exclaims. "More then half the world population would consider your interest in art a full time hobby if they seen this room."

"Boo! Bitch-"

Demetri Yelps when Kai jumps out from the bathroom connected to my room.

"Oh shit my bad bro." He looks up at me then back at the boy currently panting out of breath. "God damn are you having a heart attack?"

"Kai, this is Demetri."I nudge towards the boy, as Kai's face forms an "o" shape.

"Oh, sorry my bad. What's up dude." Kai lifts his palm up for one of those awkward bro hugs but Demetri stares at his hands in confusion.

"Am i supposed to spit it on my hand and shake it. Cause that would be very unsanitary." Kai's face twists into one of disgust.

"Yeah no. Don't do that." Kai stuffs his hand into his hoodie pockets awkwardly before looking back at me for help.

I laugh, sitting down on the bed beside me.
"Anyways, me and Demetri were going to watch a movie, want to join?."

He looks back over at Demetri then the television across the bed. "Depends what kind of movie."

"I was thinking star wars." Demetri shrugs.

I smile knowing that's one of Kai's favourites. "Count me in!." Excitement seeps through every word that leaves his mouth. "I'm gonna go get some popcorn, i'll bring you guys up some snacks too."

He leaves the room and the sound of his feet dashing down the steps fill the silence around us.

"You like star wars?." I ask, picking up a few pillows from my bed and fluffing them out so my bed can be comfortable.

"Is it really a surprise?." Demetri sighs taking a seat on the bed beside me. "What else would a loser with a very high iq find entertainment in?."

I fight a smile as i shrug. "Legos."

"Oh yes! can't forget the legos." I laugh watching as he takes the remote and searches for the movie. A comfortable silence fills the room around us.
"I used to watch rerun's of the star wars franchise with my friend all the time."

"Eli?." I ask quietly, scared maybe that mentioning his name might make him mad.

"You mean hawk." He sarcastically corrects.

I scoff. "To be honest with you i think he's bullshitting everyone. We never really got along on the right foot, but deep down i can't help but feel bad for him." My fingers brush against the silky feeling of the blanket thrown over my bed.

"I thought you hate him?." Demetri asked.

"I can't hate someone Demetri." I state the obvious. "I can only hate the things they have done and the people they want to be to me."

He squints in confusion. "So you never really hated him?."

I shrug. "Not really if i'm honest. I just think he makes stupid decisions."

"He turned into the people he feared just a few
months ago." Demetri sighs out. "I miss when Eli didn't have a mohawk." I laugh looking down at my nails.

"I feel bad for him. Eli is so brainwashed by cobra kai and doing the more powerful thing i think he forgets sometimes he's human too."

Demetri nods beside me before asking a question."Why do you call him Eli?."

My brain stops for a moment.

Why do i call him Eli?

"Someone has to humble him." Demetri laughs at my words, looking back over at the tv and clicking on the first movie option he sees under star wars.

"Funny thing is Willow. Me and Eli used to be so close. Binary brothers per say. But now it's like i know he would hurt me. Intentionally."

My hearts aches for Demetri, knowing how sad it is to watch your best friend be ripped away from you all because of stupid karate.

"I didn't know Eli like you did. But he will eventually come to his senses. And if he doesn't, i'll beat him up." I put my two fists up and punch Demetri in his shoulder lightly.

He laughs, holding onto the place i punched him. "I would say i would do the same thing for Brooke, but if i did beat her up i think it would be illegal." I laugh at his joke watching as his eyes look over to the polaroid photos still hung above my desk of both me and her.

"You guys were close huh?." He asks looking back over to me.

"Best friends." I hum sadly.

"She'll come around." He nudged my arm playfully. "I think. You have a fifty-fifty chance." I fight yet another smile, nodding at his words.

Maybe he's right. Maybe Brooke will come back, but even then i dont know if it would ever be the same.
She's here for just three more months, after that i may never see her again. And even if we do somehow magically become friends again, i don't know if i'll ever be able to look at her the same.

"I'm backkkk!" Kai sings as he walks back in the room with a big bowl of popcorn and multiple bags of fruit snacks.

He jumps onto the bed, grabbing the remote from Demetri and pressing play. Demetri looks at me wide eyed as my own stray to the screen infront of me. My mind plays thoughts of the conversation i had just a few minutes ago.

Me and Demetri may have a lot more in common then i thought.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆