Chapter 15 : Is that how it feels ? Falling in love ?

Rain was still pouring outside, and the storm loudly joined it early in the night. If the sound of the raindrops crashing against my window was relaxing, I admitted that the noise of the thunder was a bit scary. And I didn't talk about the flashes of lightning that illuminated my room, creating some awful shadows on my wall, and, of course, I couldn't help but dreaded the moment when I'll see him in the middle of my bedroom during the few seconds of the lightning, disappearing as soon as it got dark again.

I was turning my body in the sheets over and over, unable to fall asleep.

EverytimeI closed my eyes, I was in that alley again, stuck with Toruma. And everytime, I woke up sweating and crying.

1:12AM, his green eyes were devouring me.

I took Link's sweater, and wore it, smelling his perfume and cuddling myself, pretending it was him.

2:37AM, his hands were on my thigh, his lips on my cheek.

I desperately called his name in my sleep. I desperately needed him at this moment. I desperately needed to hear his voice, his reassuring words telling me how courageous I was and that I was safe here.

4:25AM, 'The streets are full of monsters, pretty girl'.

I felt completly empty and tired. My body was aching because of the stress and the bruises and my thoughts were caught in a vicious circle.

I was tired because I couldn't sleep. I couldn't sleep because of my nightmares. I did nightmares because he attacked me. But, I fell asleep because I was tired. So I did another nightmare. So I ended up completely tired again. Over and over.

I couldn't handle it anymore. Not alone at least, and even Link's sweater didn't help me feeling better.

I took my phone, and stared at the screen few minutes, touching my necklace and feeling my heart pounding in my chest.

Should I text him first ? Or should I directly call him ? Or should I don't do anything ?

He made me promise to call him if I wasn't okay. But I didn't want to disturb his sleep, knowing he was still injured and he worked at the library earlier.

Well, I should text him first, hoping his phone was in night mode. It will be fine, no ? Yes I think it's the best option.

Another bunch of minutes passed before I finally decided to text him. And especially what I should write. I didn't want to be too straightforward, nor making him feel pitiful. So I tried to write many texts – too many to be honest – and it was nearly 5AM when I finally wrote something good enough. 'I hope you turned your phone off, but you made me promise to text you if I can't sleep, and well, here we are'.

I tapped on the 'send' button and laid on my back, my phone on my stomach, staring at the ceiling as I patiently waited for an answer. Or falling asleep.

Minutes felt like hours and I couldn't help thinking he was peacefully sleeping and I will have to handle the rest of the night on my own.

But, my phone finally rang. And not as if I recieved a text, but as if someone was calling me.

My heart jumped in my chest, my hands were shaking and my mind was running when I saw the little '03' on my screen.

What should I do ? Should I answer ? I wasn't ready for a call !