Chapter 34 : Dawn of the Final Day

I didn't get a wink of sleep this night, nor Link to be honest.

I felt guilty. He was already tired and I spoiled his sleep, as he really needed to have some rest, between his many trainings and his tournament against TU.

It was nearly 5AM when I woke up and walked to my balcony. The fresh air hit me, giving me goosebumps, but I liked it. I was leaning on the barrier, looking at the moon slowly hiding behind the horizon. The sky was still dark blue and the stars were shining above my head but I could see some dark clouds coming.

I sighed and put my head in my hands.

We just talked about him tonight and I immediately had a nightmare. He scared me, he traumatized me in this alley.

Link is right : I shouldn't go to TU. Even if I truly want to see him and support him during his fight, this school is too dangerous.

I was lost in thoughts, and only the first raindrops emerged me from my torpor. The sky was now filled with the dark clouds, hiding the few stars that remained.

I should go back to my room.

But my barefeet were glued to the marble floor. And, I let the raindrops crashing on my skin.

I was shaking, now completely soaked. But I liked it. I liked feeling the cold drops piercing my skin and the cold breeze freezing me to the bones. It was nearly hurting me, but I'd rather focus on this physical pain than my thoughts.

I didn't know how long it lasted, how long did I stay under the pouring rain but long trails of water were running down my face, hair and bare limbs. And most of all, it wasn't raining anymore as the sky was slowly turning pink and the stars were slowly disappearing.

« By the Goddesses, Zelda are you okay ? »

I felt his light touch on my arm, and tilted my head towards him. I saw him looking at me with a concerned look.

« You're freezing cold. Oh Hylia, come here. »

He put his sweater on me, hoping it could warm me up a bit before he held me in his arms and carried me to my bathroom. His body heat was slowly heating me up while he was walking along my bedroom. I didn't notice I was shivering like a fool until he gently set me free. Then, he grabbed a towel and started rubbing my hair, trying to dry me the best he could.

« I... », I started, already about to cry again.

He stopped drying me, now carefully listening to me. He was looking at me but I was avoiding his gaze, feeling guilty.

« I'm so sorry for tonight. », I finally said, holding my head in my hands.

« Hey, hey, hey. Don't say it. You don't have to be sorry for this. », he said, holding me in his arms.

« But you really needed to sleep and now you're here hearing me crying, again. », I complained. 

« I'm fine, I'll sleep later, don't worry about that. », he tried to reassure me.

He held me in his arms again, hoping his body could warm me up enough. And I bursted into tears again. How on earth could he still be that cute, that cautious with me while I was disturbing him ?

« I don't know why you still want to date me. », I said between two cries.

«Zel... Shhh... », he soothed me.