Chapter 84 : I met someone

« How are you feeling ? », Link asked as soon as he arrived in our room.

I was looking at myself in the mirror for the hundredth time, arranging my hair, changing my outfit making sure it was not too casual, nor too official. It was a lunch, after all ! A lunch with Father, I had to admit, but just a lunch.

« Extremely nervous. », I said, taking deep breaths.

« Where are you gonna meet ? »

« Chudley's. Of course he saved the private room, in case we'll shout at each other, I think. »

« Saki will be there. », he simply said, tiding his hair in his usual ponytail. « I don't really know if it helps you relax, but at least you'll see a friendly face. »

« It does, thank you. », I answered with a light smile. « How do I look ? »

« Perfect, as usual. »

« You're a charmer ! I mean, is it correct for a place like Chudley's ? Or for someone like Father ? »

« Well, I've never been to Chudley's and I've never met your father, so... », he shrugged before bursting into laughter. « I'm sorry Zel, I'm completely useless, but I can tell you're beautiful ! »

« You're sweet. And not useless, I feel better now we talked. »

« You're welcome, Princess. », he said with a smile. « Your fragrance is so delicate. Is that a new one ? »

« Not really, it's just the perfume I use when I'm with Father. For a meeting, a business trip or a Gala. That was Mother's, so maybe it will help him to be nicer. », I  simply said. « Whatever, today is a great day because it's the last of hiding our relation to him ! »

« Yippee ! », he chuckled before holding me in his arms. « I hope he will accept it. Us, I mean. »

« I hope so. But, even if we don't have his benediction, I'll stay here with you. »

« Glad to hear it. », he said with a large smile, kissing my cheek. « I love when you do that. »

« When I do what ? »

« Touching the necklace I offered you when you're talking about us or me. », he said with the most touching smile. « It's not the first time I see you doing that new habit. »

« I love this pendant. It means a lot to me. », I said, softly kissing him. « Because you offered it in your family's house during Christmas, because there are some Silent Princess petals in it, and because Quartz represents tolerance, tenderness and helps to take good decisions. You really did a good choice by choosing this stone. »

« Yeah, I know, I'm amazing. », he laughed.

« Oh you... », I said, rolling my eyes.

« Nah, seriously, I'm glad to hear that, and I hope it will help you today. Well, us in fact, because as soon as your father will know our relation, he will probably try to kill me. »

« Well, I hope this little stone will keep us safe ! »

« Count on you ! », he said, taking the little pendant in his hand, before we laughed again together. « I love how you arranged your two necklaces. It suits you well. »

« Thank you. Now I have something from the most important people of my life : Mother and you. And you're both next to my heart. And I love how it glows in the darkness. Silent Princesses are so amazing ! », I said, playing with the two pendants, before having one last look at my watch. « Unfortunately, I have to go... »