Chapter 85 : Far from you

Link's POV.

I couldn't believe it'd been four days since I arrived in Oslo. Well, I didn't really discover this city, mostly due to my too many trainings and my too many duels, but also because I wanted to spend every ounce of free time with her.

Of course she wasn't here with me. And of course she wanted to come, but she deeply knew she had to stay in Hyrule to work on her lectures, to stay top of the class, not only because she was talking to her father again, but also because that was in her nature. She'd always been the brightest student in Sage Rauru, but also in HU, and losing her first place would hurt her too much.

I stretched my limbs and finally woke up, rubbing my eyes before letting out a huge yawn. It was freezing cold here, and I immediately regretted our not-so-uncomfortable bed.

And her body in my arms.

I shook my head and sighed, just like every morning since I landed in this European country. Because I missed her so much. Too much, to be honest. So I took my phone, hoping I could see her in the videos the boys used to send me. And they did so.

Zelda, working on her course while Teba was adding many comments as if he was recording a wildlife documentary, which made her laugh a lot and pout a bit too.

Zelda, laughing out loud with Saki while they were watching a goofy TV show, acting like two silly teenagers.

Revali scaring her when she was walking out of the bathroom, making her hit his arms and shout at him.

Bozai dancing a waltz with her, making her laugh a lot and telling him he will never be ready for Tauma's sister's wedding.

Zelda, laughing. Zelda, singing. Zelda, bickering with the boys. Zelda, dancing. Zelda, smiling. My happy Zelda. My happy lover.

If she was shy in front of their cameras for first, always hiding her face behind her hands, I could tell it clearly changed during the week, and now she was nearly playing with it, sometimes dancing or singing in front of it.

And I felt so happy they kept doing it, they kept showing me how life was going at the dorm while I wasn't there, seeing her smiling while I wasn't there, seeing her surronded by our friends while I wasn't there, seeing them taking care of her while I wasn't there.

I quickly dressed up and brushed my teeth before I heard my phone vibrating on the drawer next to me. This little sound emerged me from my torpor, and seeing her name on my cracked screen made me smile.

« Link ! »

« Hey, Princess ! », I chuckled, seeing her bright green eyes made my heart melt in my chest. « How was your day ? »

« Awful ! », she complained, slumping on the couch. « I didn't miss Blight at all, you know ? »

I can imagine...

« Did he do something ? »

« He started again with his tests before every class, and, that day we were supposed to learn thing about Hyrule's legends but he told us he didn't believe in them, that they were things for the children and not something we should learn in a prestigious school like HU. »

« So what did you do ? »

« I simply told him we only need a proof to turn a legend to a reality. And, oh, maybe I just did it during december. », she shrugged, restraining her smile and I couldn't help laughing. « What ? It's not my fault I discovered a legend and he didn't discover anything during his whole career. »