Chapter 55 : Mother

I was the first one awake this morning so I quickly went downstairs and started to tidy the living room, letting my roommates sleep in theirs.

I stared with horror at the living room, seeing too many cups and bottles on the floor with cigarette butts – if it was only tobacco, of course –, feeling the stinky floor under my sleepers and smelling that sweet and delicate scent of cold weed and tobacco, mixed with a bit of vomit. The balloons were completely deflated and some garlands were on the floor, completely ruined by the too many feet that danced on them, leaving some awful dirty foot prints on the floor.

The kitchen was in a pitiful state too, as many packs of food and bottles were opened on the counter and some non-identified things were standing in the sink.

I've never seen this house that dirty ! And, I admit, I didn't realise how messy the partiers were yesterday as I was completely focused on my friends.

I put my headphones in my ears and turned on my music, ready to clean up all that mess.

Well, let's go...

I took a large trash bag and started to put all the red cups, old crackers and cigarette butts in it – of course, I covered my hands with gloves, not ready to touch it with my bare hands. Then, I took another bag for the empty bottles and I put the other ones in the fridge – where there was more alcohol than food – before I started to clean up the tables and chairs, putting all the bowls in the sink and rubbing their surface with my sponge and bucket filled with water and soap.

When it was finally clean enough, I took the broom and wiped the floor. I was absolutely amazed about the amount of dirt and shards of glass that were currently on the floor, but some of them were still glued on it, and I didn't dare to wonder what were those sticky marks.

Well, the mop would probably erase them.

And yes, it did, after an immeasurable effort.

Well, even if it wasn't a funny activity, I could say that Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa, Rihanna and Beyonce truly helped me to enjoyed it a bit more. It was so hard for me to not sing with them but I didn't want to disturb the boys upstairs who were probably sick.

So I started to dance a bit, lip-syncing on their too many songs while I was cleaning the house. I wasn't truly focused on my task, but I kept rubbing the kitchen counters and hotplates before cleaning up the dishes.

When everything was clean and dry, I had a look around me to admire how clean was the house.

« By Hylia ! », I shouted, instantly turning in a deep shade of red.

Link was there, leaning against the wall in front of me, smiling at me before he bursted into laughter. Fortunately he was alone here, but I still felt ashamed.

« Link ! Stop laughing ! », I shouted again, throwing my wet towel to him, and of course he caught it before it could touch his face, making him laugh even more. « Link ! »

« I'm sorry Zel. », he chuckled, trying to calm down, wiping a tear while he was walking towards me. « You were so cute and carefree, I didn't want to disturbed you. And the show was pretty nice. »

« Quiet. », I mumbled, frowning my eyebrows, making him laugh again.

« Alright, but I only see one thing that could make me shut up. », he whispered before tenderly kissing me.

« Oh, okay, so I think you'll have to stay quiet a bit longer. », I said in a low voice.

He threw the towel on the counter next to us while he was kissing me again. I lifted my hands to caress his hair and he was playing with mine. Only Hylia knew how much I loved feeling of his lips on mine, feeling his hands playing with my hair. And I wanted this moment to last longer.