7 - asking

ANASTASIA HADN'T SEEN INGRAD FOR THE REST OF THE DAY

ANASTASIA HADN'T SEEN INGRAD FOR THE REST OF THE DAY. She circled around the entire area trying to find her. She felt like she had asked every single person on the ship. She asked Tony and he claimed he hadn't seen her since Rogers ran out. Bruce agreed with him.

"I haven't seen her or Thor." Steve responded, angrily. "But if you find them, let me know."

"Sorry, honey, I haven't." was Natasha's response.

"I think they're with Coulson." Maria suggested.

Ingrad took what she said and tried to find Coulson. After walking around for about twenty more minutes, she heard Coulson's voice coming from the briefing room. "As soon as Loki took the doctor we moved Jane Foster. We've got an excellent observatory in Traunsee. She was asked to consult there very suddenly yesterday. Handsome fee, private plane, very remote. She'll be safe."

"Thank you so much." Ingrad said. A bit of relief coming through in her words. "Erik is a good man, he doesn't deserve this."

"He talks about you a lot." He smiled at Ingrad. He then turned to Thor. "You too. You changed his life. You changed everything around here."

"They were better as they were. We pretend on Asgard that we're more advanced, but we...we come here battling like Bilchsteim." Thor chuckled.

"Like what?" Coulson asked, confused.

"Bilchsteim. They're these creatures with big antlers. They're big and scaly." Ingrad informed him. "I've learned a lot from my time on Asgard."

"Yes. They are repulsive, and they trample everything in their path." Thor agreed. He walked over to the side of the ship and looked out the window. "When I first came to earth, Loki's rage followed me here and your people paid the price. And now again. In my youth I courted war."

"War hasn't started yet." Fury walked into the room. Anastasia hid behind the wall. She tried not to bee seen, but she also needed to hear the conversation. She was in too deep. Fury turned to Ingrad. "You think you can make Loki tell us what the Tesseract is?"

Ingrad was about to say something, but Thor jumped in. "No. Loki's mind is far afield, it's not just power he craves it's vengeance upon me. There's no pain that would prize his need from him."

"A lot of guys think that, until the pain stops." Fury retorted.

"What are you asking us to do?" Ingrad questioned.

"I'm asking, what are you prepared to do?"

"Loki is a prisoner." Thor commented.

"Then why do I feel like he's the only person on this boat that wants to be here?"

About a million thoughts were running through Anastasia's head. Her emotions, a storm. Was she angry? Was she melancholy? Was she both? She didn't know. But she felt the urge to scream at someone. She needed to just sit there and yell. So she simply ran to the detention section of the helicarrier.

She opened the door and quickly stopped. This was truly the first time she got a good look of Loki. Of the monster causing all of this. She watched him pace back and forth in his cell. "There's not many people that can sneak up on me." He whipped his head around to face Anastasia.

"How did you know I would be here?" She demanded.

"You are here because Fury thinks you would be a friend to me? Try to get secrets. Am I wrong?" Loki asked, cockily.

"I will have you know I'm here on my own behalf. Not on whatever Fury wants from you."

"Oh?" Loki puzzled. "Then why are you here?"

"Do you know how much damage you have caused? Not just to the world but your own family?" She yelled. She had never heard her be this genuinely harsh to someone before. Sure, she had her little spat with Ingrad, but this was so much worse. "I mean do you even care? You've taken a toll on your brother. You've probably have taken a toll on your mother. And don't even get me started on Ingrad-"

"You don't speak ill of Ingrad, ever!" He yelled. "And don't you ever speak of my mother in front of me."

"Why? Because you know you messed up? Because you know you have ruined everything? That you were a mistake?"

Loki started to bang on the glass. "Shut up! You don't know what you're talking about!"

"Oh don't worry, I know exactly what I'm talking about. I watched Ingrad talk about you. She didn't seem too pleased." Ingrad scoffed.

Loki froze. "Wha-what did she say?"

"Like she matters to you. No one does. Clin-" She started.

Loki interrupted her. "What would you do if I spared him? Huh?" His voice slightly raised.

"Nothing. You would still be trapped in there. With Ingrad and everyone else safe."

Loki scoffed. " I won't touch Barton. Not until I make him kill you! Slowly. Intimately. In every way he knows you fear! And when he'll wake just long enough to see his good work, and when he screams, I'll split his skull! This is my bargain, you mewling quim!" He slammed on his cell, causing Anastasia to flinch.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Have you mentioned this to anyone else?" Anastasia screamed back at him.

"Only your messed up mother!" He yelled back. Before Anastasia could respond, she got a text. She pulled her phone out to see a message from her mom:

'Banners his play. Get to the lab, now!'

(2.20.23)

Here's another update! A little bit of some Annie and Loki action! There will be more times with them later on I think.

[923 words]