10 - full-tilt diva

THERE WAS NOTHING

THERE WAS NOTHING. No noise was heard from either side of the room. Anastasia sat up, trying to peak through some of the holes, but Ingrad shoved her back down. "Don't do it." She whispered.

Anastasia ignored her and got right back up. She took a crowbar she saw on the floor and held it close to her. "Stay behind me." She said.

Ingrad groaned and got up, making sure to stay behind her. They headed down the corridor, watching carefully. When the reached the beginning of the hallway, Anastasia smiled. "I think everything's good." As she gestured for Ingrad to sit up, Anastasia felt the ground rumble. She watched as a giant green creature was running her way. "Oh it's just Bruce!" She yelled at Ingrad. She waved and tried to start a conversation. "Hey, Bruce. Do you know what-"

Before she could finish, she felt herself fly through the window next to them and down the stairwell on the other side. She felt the rubble and concrete on her skin as she tumbled down the staircase. As she hit each step, a new curse came out of her mouth. She eventually hit the ground after a good three minutes of falling. She placed her hands onto the concrete and she attempted to lift her body.

As she lifted herself, she felt her elbow give in and she fell on her left side. "Crap." She muttered to herself. She tried again but failed once again. She watched as a pair of boots made it's journey into her vision. She watched them halt right in front of her face. She lifted her head up to see Clint towering over her, his arrow in her face. "Clint! Hey Clint, it's me. I know you're possessed or whatever but you know me. You can help me." He continued to keep the arrow steadily over her. "Please." She said quietly.

Before he could shoot her, she watched an electric current blast him into the wall. She pushed herself forward and felt herself being dragged up. "Whoever you are.." Anastasia said, still looking at the ground. "Prepare to feel my wrath." She turned around and smacked the person.

"What the hell? I was trying to help you!" Ingrad yelled. She was holding her head.

"Oh. Oh, I am so sorry. Really. Ingrad I'm sorry. I didn't see you there. I thought you were an attacker or something." Anastasia rambled.

"No, don't worry. I gathered that." she said in a pissed tone. "Anyway, we should try to head back up. Maybe we can find my father and Natasha."

Anastasia slowly nodded. "Yeah." She smacked her lips. "Yeah that seems like a good idea."

Ingrad waited for Anastasia to move before putting her hand out, gesturing her toward the stairs. "Go ahead."

Anastasia chuckled awkwardly. "Okay. Yeah. I'll go."

They headed up the stairs and checked their surroundings before continuing their journey toward the others.

Eventually they had found Steve and Tony as they change barreling inside. "Steve!" Anastasia yelled, grabbing his attention.

He ran over the the girls. "Are you both alright?" He bent down on one knee.

"Yeah, we're fine but what's going on?" Anastasia questioned. She grabbed Ingrad's hand and pulled her closer to her.

"Our ship got attacked. Might be to get Loki. We aren't too sure." Steve answered.

Ingrad sighed and looked around. "I'm gonna go try and look for my father." And with that, she walked away.

"What's her deal?" Tony asked.

Oh the things Anastasia could have said. "I don't know. Probably worried or something like that." Anastasia didn't want to say it, but something about Tony intimidated her. She wasn't exactly the type to be scared of people, especially lowlife rich people profiting off of the lower class like Tony Stark. But something about him worried her, maybe it was because of her mom working with him, maybe it's just nerves, but she didn't like it.

"Have you seen Coulson by any chance?" Steve asked. Which, naturally, made Anastasia think. She shook her head, as she hadn't seen him in a while.

It wasn't until Tony yelled for them that they found their answer.

"Was he married?" Steve asked.

"Nope. He always said he was looking for the right person." Anastasia quietly answered.

"I'm sorry. He seemed like a good man."

"He was an idiot." Tony chimed in.

"Why? For believing?" Steve questioned.

"For taking on Loki alone."

At this point, Anastasia had enough of him. "He was doing his job!"

Tony then turned to her. "Well then, he was out of his league. He should've waited. He should have..." he trailed off.

"Sometimes there isn't a way out, Tony."

Tony walked away. "Right. And how did that work for him?"

"Is this the first time you've lost a soldier?" Steve asked.

Tony turned around sharply. "We are not soldiers! I am not marching to Fury's fife!"

"Neither am I! He's got the same blood on his hands as Loki does. Right now we've got to put that aside and get this done. Now Loki needs a power source, if we can put together a list-"

Tony turned toward the blood stained wall. "He made it Personal."

"That's not the point-"

"That is the point . That's Loki's point. He hit us right where we live. Why?"

"To tear us apart." Anastasia answered.

"He had to conquer his greed, but he knows he has to take us out to win, right? That's what he wants. He wants to beat us and he wants to be seen doing it. He wants an audience."

"Right." Steve agreed. "I caught his act at Stuttengard."

"Yeah. That's just a preview, this is opening night. Loki's a full-tilt diva. He wants flowers, he wants parades, he wants a monument built in the skies with his name plastered-" and it was at that exact moment that something had seemed to click into their heads.

"Sonofabitch!"

Before she knew it, she was standing across from her mother and Clint in the medical room, with Steve by her side. "Time to go." Steve announced.

"Go where? And Anastasia where were you?" Natasha asked, worried.

"I'll tell you on the way. Can you fly one of those jets?"

Before anyone could respond, Clint walked out of the restroom and looked at Steve. "I can." He then turned to Anastasia and winked. "Hey kiddo."

"Right, then let's suit up!"

(3.17.23)

Guys sorry for the long while since updated but tomorrow I'm going to see Taylor swift!
So: what's your favorite album and song from her?

[2k words]