9 - miss nosy

INGRAD HELPED ANASTASIA UP

INGRAD HELPED ANASTASIA UP. The two girls then sprinted down the corridor. Neither knew where they were going, but that didn't stop them. As long as they were together and safe, everything would be okay. When they reached the end, both of them took a second to breath. "Aren't you able to fight back with your lightning powers or something?" Anastasia snarked.

"Oh what a brilliant idea. And blow up the ship in the process? Geez sounds fun." Ingrad groaned as she rolled over to her side. "I never had to run this much as a cheerleader. Why are you so tired? Don't you train to run?"

"Yeah." Anastasia took a second to let ingrad's words sink in before, "You were a cheerleader?" She started to chuckle.

"Keep your voice down. And yes, I happened to used to be a cheerleader. I don't see the problem with that."

"No,no. I think that's pretty cool." Anastasia said. She waited a minute or two before talking again. Her side still aching. "You know, I heard you and your dads conversation. In the briefing room." Anastasia whispered. "I feel completely selfish. You know the entire time we were trying to track down my dad when you haven't seen yours your entire life until now. And your mom you haven't seen in over a year."

"Annie, it's okay. I appreciate you looking out for me. Really. But I'm okay. It's not as bad as you're making it sound." Ingrad tried to reassure her.

"No you're right. It's worse." Anastasia sighed. "I talked to Loki and he-"

"Woah, woah, woah. Slow down. You talked to Loki?" She asked, condescendingly. Anastasia slowly nodded her head. "Why the hell would you talk to Loki?"

"I don't know." Anastasia said quietly. "I guess I thought I was just helping. Which I sort of was."

"How? How was that a help? Talking to him? How is that going to help me in any way? Please, explain to me." She said with a condescending voice.

"Like I said, I don't know. I think I wanna thinking about-"

"No, you are absolutely right. You weren't thinking. Gods, do you not understand how dangerous that is for him?"

Anastasia was about to reply before she could even register what Ingrad had said. But when she did, she was displeased. "I'm sorry? Did you say how dangerous that is for him? What about me? It's dangerous for me too? This whole thing is dangerous but I have my mother and Steve telling me to 'stay out of trouble' and then I have fury and Maria telling me to 'push myself, go into the dangerous situations, it's valuable knowledge.' So I guess in a way you could say I was going to Loki for knowledge."

"Anastasia, of course it's dangerous for you both. However, you just provoked him with whatever you were talking to him about." She tried to explain.

"So what? Is he just sensitive or something?" Anastasia questioned.

"Not at all. Well..." she thought for a second. "No. Look, you put yourself in a vulnerable situation. Whenever you talk with Loki, he puts you in a vulnerable situation. You could of exposed something. Last time I..."Ingrad trailed off as she slowly realized what she was about to say.

"Last time, you what? What do you mean last time?" Anastasia stared at Ingrad, puzzled. However, it didn't take long for the pieces to fit. "Have you been visiting Loki behind our backs? Is that why you suddenly disappear?" Anastasia shout-whispered.

"Are you even capable of keeping your voice down for just a second?" Ingrad asked. She then slowly turned to the redhead next to her, giving her a condescending stare. "And yes, Ive been visiting Loki." Anastasia perked up. "But I haven't told him anything. It's not even a meaningful visit. It's nothing really. I just feel bad for him, that's all. He told me what happened before my father attacked, and I felt him. I understand what it's like for a parent to just drop an absolute bombshell on you. Of course, his was worse. Seeing as how he was adopted meanwhile I found out my dad was an alien. But still, I felt awful. He just needed someone to talk to. And I decided if no one was gonna do it, then I will. Happy you got your answer miss nosy."

Anastasia nodded. "That's sweet, really. Also let's not make that a nickname."

Ingrad smirked. "Thanks for understanding. And yeah, it's gonna be around for a while."

(2.27.23)

I forgot last Friday lol. But anyway because it's the end of the month and I hadn't really started my challenge, I'm extending it to march 14th! So it's a truly whole month'

[795 words]