8 - old married couple

ANASTASIA RAN INTO THE LAB WITH FURY BEHIND HER

ANASTASIA RAN INTO THE LAB WITH FURY BEHIND HER. Fury bumped into her and kept walking, trying to get Tony's attention. "What are you doing, Mr. Stark?" He shot.

"Uh...kinda been wondering the same thing about you." Tony shot back. Anastasia backed away from them toward the corner. She noticed Ingrad but was too scared to say anything.

"You're supposed to be locating the tesseract."

"We are. The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile."

"And you'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss." Tony smiled. Anastasia watched as his monitor showed a collection of secret files. "What is phase 2?" Suddenly, Steve came in and dropped a Hydra assault rifle on the table, causing everyone to turn around.

Cap looked piss. "PHASE 2 is SHIELD uses the cube to make weapons." He turned to Tony. "Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow."

"Rogers, we gathered everything relating to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're-" Fury tried to explain.

"I'm sorry Nick." Tony sighed. Tony moved the computer screen toward Fury which shows the plans for weapons. "What were you saying?"

"I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit." Steve groaned. At that minute, Natasha and Thor walked in. The two redheads stared at each other while Thor and Ingrad shared a hug.

Banner watched Natasha, looking pissed. "Did you know about this?"

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" Natasha suggested.

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed." Banner fought back.

"Loki's manipulating you!" Natasha warned him.

"And you've been doing what, exactly?"

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction." Bruce commanded.

"Because of him." Fury pointed to Thor. " Last year earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned."

"Asgardians want nothing to do with this planet." Ingrad spoke up.

"But you're not the only people out there, are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled." Fury argued.

"Like you controlled the cube?" Steve retorted.

"You're work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is the signal to all the realms that the earth is ready for a higher form of war." Thor said.

"A higher form?" Steve questioned.

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something." Fury fought back.

"Nuclear deterrent. 'Cause that always calms everything right down." Tony scoffed.

"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark?" Fury sarcastically asked.

"Did you always give your champions such mistrust?" Thor asked.

As the team continued to argue, Anastasia noticed the blue light glowing from the scepter. "Guys?" Anastasia tried to get their attention but no one was listening.

"You speak of control, yet you court chaos." Thor fought.

"It's his M.O., isn't it? I mean, what are we, a team? No, no, no. We're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're... we're a time-bomb." Bruce spat.

"Guys." Anastasia said a little louder. Still, no one heard her.

"You need to step away." Fury ordered Bruce.

Tony put his arm around Steve. "Why shouldn't the guy let off a little steam?"

Steve pushed Tony off. "You know damn well why! Back off!"

Tony was now up in his face. "Oh, I'm starting to want you to make me."

"Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?"

"Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist."

"I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. Yeah, I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you."

"I think I would just cut the wire."

Steve gave a condescending smile. "Always a way out... You know, you may not be a threat, but you better stop pretending to be a hero."

That seemed to do it for Tony. "A hero? Like you? You're a lab rat, Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle."

Steve puffed up his chest at Tony, who just stood there. "Put on the suit, let's go a few rounds."

Thor laughed at them. "You people are so petty and tiny."

Tony rubbed his head and moved away from Steve.

"Yeah guys. This is a team." Bruce sighed.

"Agent Romanoff." Both Anastasia and Natasha turned to him. "Would you escort Dr.Banner back to his..." Fury trailed off. He gave a knowing nod.

"Where? You rented my room?" Bruce asked for confirmation.

"The cell was just in case."

"In case you needed to kill me, but you can't! I know! I tried!" Bruce screamed. Anastasia whipped her head toward him. "I got low. I didn't see an end, so I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spit it out! So I moved on. I focused on helping other people. I was good, until you dragged me back into this freak show and put everyone here at risk!" He slowly looked upset as he looked at Natasha. Anastasia was unnerved. " You wanna know my secret, Agent Romanoff? You wanna know how I stay calm?"

"Guys!" Anastasia finally yelled loud enough for everyone to stop what they're doing and look at her. She pointed to the scepter, which was still glowing. However, it was in the hands of Bruce.

"Doctor Banner." Steve said calmly. "Put the scepter down."

Bruce put down the scepter as he walked over to the beeping computer. "Sorry, kids. You don't get to see my little party trick after all." He said sarcastically.

"Did you locate the tesseract?" Ingrad asked.

"I can get there faster." Tony apparently needed to say.

"The Tesseract belongs on Asgard, no human is a match for it." Thor said.

Tony turned to leave but Steve stopped him. "You're not going alone."

"You gonna stop me?"

"put on the suit, let's find out."

"I'm not afraid to hit an old man."

"Put on the suit," Steve dared.

Before anything could continue, Everyone is thrown around by an explosion. Steve helped Tony out of the lab while the duo raced out. Ingrad crawled toward Anastasia. "They are such an old married couple."

(2.22.23)

ok this one is kind of lame. i was rushing haha

[1094 words)