Chapter 4

Chapter Four...

          I waited at a small deli down on the corner waiting for my uncle to come get me. I couldn’t believe the morning I was having it was like the universe was against me and I didn’t think it was going to get better. So I sat there with my bagel and my large coffee, the bagel had been sitting there untouched I didn’t think I could eat something and keep it down. I kept glancing out the window to see if my uncle was here yet but each time I looked I was met with disappointment. My phone was on silent since Gage and Aria kept calling non stop but I couldn’t get myself to speak to either of them. How could they have done that, Gage didn’t even like Aria and he had been saving himself for his mate. Aria should have known better then to do that to Gage she knew what his plan was, she knew that he didn’t feel that way about her so why would she do that. I know they were drunk when it happened but that almost made it worse it made it an even bigger mistake and how was this going to affect everything. I was leaving in 2 ½ months and I didn’t want this kind of drama between my two best friends. I had wanted to leave knowing everything wouldn’t change too much, I knew we would all grow and change but this would make everything awkward.

    I was suddenly pulled out of my thoughts when I saw a red ford pickup truck pull up outside of the deli. I knew it was Uncle Jake and I grabbed my coffee and threw out my bagel and rushed outside to get in the truck.

“Thank god you’re here.” I said as I got in the truck.

“You want to talk about what happened?” he asked.

“Not right now, I’m not ready yet.” I answered and turned to look out the window as we pulled away from the curb. It was a long drive back home and I had never been so happy to see my house in my life. I jumped out of the truck and ran right inside and right up to my room not even bothering to stop for my mother who was trying to talk to me. I slammed my door and threw myself on my bed and just cried. This had been the worst birthday weekend ever and who knew maybe it would get even worse.

    I heard a knock at my door and I didn’t even bother saying anything but obviously that wouldn’t stop my mother.

“Kylie?” she asked worriedly and she entered carefully.

“Can’t you just leave me alone!” I cried.

“Sweetie please tell me what has you so upset, I might be able to help…”

“No one can help me! They are my problems and its already happened the damage is done.” I sobbed and she came over and hugged me which just made me cry harder. I didn’t want sympathy I wanted this all to be some bad nightmare.

“Can you please tell me sweetie, I hate seeing you so upset.” she said softly.

“No you won’t understand.” I sniffed.

“Yes but I may be able to help you sort it out, you’d be surprised what I’m capable of.” she answered and I sighed, she was going to find out soon enough anyway. I was going to shift within the next week and probably die because my mate abandoned me so maybe I should give her warning and she’ll notice that Gage and Aria aren’t over. I guess telling her was the only way to have her stop asking so I took a deep breath and started spilling everything.

“I met my mate last night…” I started and she gasped and her whole face lit up with excitement which made me feel worse.

“… I thought everything was perfect I even spent the night with him…he’s my mate so it felt right…”

“Oh my god Kylie this is exciting news!” she squealed and I felt my heart ache in my chest feeling pathetic and hopeless.

“No its not, the next morning when I woke up he was gone so I went down to the front desk and he had specifically told them not to give me any information about him. All I have is his first name…mom my mate rejected me…” I sobbed and she gasped and held me tight while rubbing my back.