Chapter 11

I just sat there for the longest time not knowing what to do or say. Did my mother just admit to killing both of her biological parents? Did my new mate just listen to this sordid tale of my past? I looked to my left to see Nate still sitting there and was somewhat relieved that he had not gotten up and ran, I know I would have.

“Kylie I already told you I’m not going anywhere.” Nate said and gave me a small smile of reassurance.

“How did you know what I was thinking?” I asked feeling embarrassed.

“I saw the look on your face when you saw I was still sitting here.” He replied simply.

“I don’t know why you are still here, this is too much Nate, I can’t ask you to deal with this, to deal with me…” I said feeling hopeless. He reached over and pulled me into his lap and held me close.

“I am never leaving you, ever.” He whispered in my ear and I felt myself relax into him.

“You have a pack to think about.” I mused out loud.

“Its OUR pack and they need their Luna just as much as I do, it may seem like its quick but I love you Kylie. I love you more than I ever thought I could love anyone, you are my mate, mine.” He growled possessively. I felt my heart swell with love and pride, I think fate had the right idea when it had my true mate reject me. I could not imagine anyone more perfect than Nate and he was MINE.

            I finally relaxed and realized I wasn’t going to lose Nate, at least not yet, maybe when I was some crazy witch wolf with my powers he would walk away but not yet. So I decided it was time to go speak to my mother. I stood and walked out of the room to search for her and I knew exactly where I would find her.

            She was in the garden she had built to replicate the garden at the palace that she had fallen in love with so many years ago. So when I found her sitting on the bench among her precious yellow roses I felt a smile find a way onto my face.

“You’re so predictable you know…” I said quietly as to not startle her.

“Sometimes predictable is a good thing.” She replied and finally turned towards me.

“You never told me why you love yellow roses so much.” I said and she laughed.

“Aren’t I allowed to keep any secrets?” she asked.

“I guess that’s one I’ll let you keep, but your past is not something I can afford to let you keep from me. You may have wanted to bury it but obviously fate has a different plan.” I sat as I walked over to one of the rose bushes and picked a flower and handed it to her.

“It’s not a past I am proud of. Do you think its easy for me to admit I killed my biological parents, even though I think my mother may have survived somehow…”

“If you killed them, or at least your father you must have had a good reason.” I replied feeling a little uneasy having this conversation with her.

“I did it to protect you, to protect my family and our future. The worst part is I did it when I was pregnant with you, which is probably why it seemed somewhat easy, since I must have tapped into your powers too.”

“I don’t need details but I do need to know more than what you have already told me.”

“They wanted to use me to control everyone, humans, shifters, other supernaturals. It had been my father’s idea at first which is why my mother gave me up at birth to a shifter family to protect me. I guess somewhere along the way she had a change of heart and got on board with my father’s evil plan. They came searching for me, using my dreams against me to lure me into a trap. I was pregnant with you when I find out they didn’t want me anymore they wanted you, they somehow knew you would be even more powerful, unstoppable. I wasn’t going to let them have you so my only choice was to kill them and I did, and in the process I freed uncle Jake. Yet I have always had a feeling that my mother is alive and she is waiting, I know I should have told you since you might be in danger or your future children could be in danger but it was a past I wanted to leave behind.” She explained and she looked so sad and defeated, as if finally letting out this secret she had been keeping for 18 years had aged her instantly.

“I don’t want these powers, is there a way to get rid of them?” I asked, I didn’t want to be a witch or “unstoppable” as she put it.

“No, these powers are part of you and have always been. I shouldn’t have hid it from you; it was dangerous of me not to tell you. Had you accidentally used them you could have killed someone.” She sighed and looked at the yellow rose in her hand I had given her.

“So are you going to teach me how to use my powers?” I asked.

“No, Aunt Claire is. I don’t like using mine, using them all the time let’s them control you the power goes to your head and I fear of becoming like my parents. I’m already a Queen I don’t need anything else to give me a power trip.” She joked and I felt the mood lighten.

“I love you mom.” I said and wrapped my arms around her.

“I love you too Kylie, now let’s head back inside so you can get back to that sexy mate of yours.”

“He is pretty sexy isn’t he?” I said with a giggle.

“I don’t know what Luka looks like but I think you got the better end of the deal with Nate.” She answered and winked at me. I felt so lucky to have Nate and was happy that my family was accepting him with open arms.