Chapter 9

Chapter Nine....

When I got out of the shower Nate was gone but there was a note saying he was in his office. So I got dressed and headed downstairs and walked through the kitchen and turned left till I found his office. When I walked in he was on the phone and he smiled at me as I took a seat in front of the desk. He quickly wrapped up the phone call and then hung up the phone. He looked up at me and said, “sorry I just disappeared I remembered I had a conference call with the other Alpha in Texas. It seems he’s been having some rogue problems so I’m sending him some help.”

“Well aren’t you sexy when you get serious.” I teased and he laughed.

“So I thought we should talk about what we’re going to tell your parents.”

“Well I thought we would just explain everything, well except for the sex part they don’t need to know that.” I offered.

“So tell them how I claimed you and I had you claim me so we could break the bond to your true mate. We also have to ask if they know anything about the silver marks and why yours continues down your side to your hip. Also it doesn’t explain why your mark says “Forever chosen” on your side.” he said and looked down at my hip, it was really strange that it said that. Yet maybe it was just because we had chosen each other as mates and were not true mates.

“So if I ever see my true mate again will I not have feelings for him?” I asked shyly.

“You’ll still feel a connection but it will be weak. Do you still want a connection with him are you regretting mating with me?” he asked sadly.

“Oh no not at all Nate. I couldn’t imagine a better mate then you.” I answered and kissed him to try and reassure him that he had nothing to worry about. I might have just met him but our bond was strong and I didn’t think anything was capable of  breaking it.

“Good because I think it would destroy me if I lost you Ky.” he whispered and turned to look out the window. I felt my heart ache at the thought of losing him, I would never let that happen though he was mine.

    We spent the rest of the day just hanging out talking, I still hadn’t figured out a way to tell him about me leaving for college in January. Alec had made it sound like he was going to flip out so I was a little nervous about telling him but I knew I would have to sooner or later. That night before we went to sleep I noticed he seemed nervous.

“Are you ok Nate?” I asked.

“Just a little nervous about meeting your parents. I never thought I would have to tell the King and Queen that I mated their daughter especially when she is not my true mate.”

“Don’t worry about it, they are going to love you. Besides you saved their only daughter and heir your already a saint in their book and they haven’t even met you.”

“So you called and told them we were coming?” he asked

“I called and said I was bringing someone with me who saved my life and we had a lot to explain to them.” I answered.

“You didn’t tell them we mated?” he asked sounding a little hurt.

“Its not something I wanted to tell them over the phone, I want to see the happy looks on their faces. Besides with all the questions that come with our mating I thought it would be better if we waited.” I answered feeling a little bad that it looked like I was hiding the fact that I mated. It wasn’t like that though I was proud of my mate and couldn’t wait to show him off.

    The next morning we woke up really early and got ready. After I showered I walked back into the room to find him staring at a pile of clothes he had thrown on the bed.