Chapter 23

Chapter 23

I went to walk away and he grabbed me by the wrist. I turned and swung my hand connecting with his face. I thought it would ease the pain, I thought causing him even a little bit of pain would make me feel better but it didn't.

"Say something!" he begged

"What is there to say Nate, it's over, it is all over!" I screamed in his face, my anger bubbling to the surface. The anger felt better than the pain and the hurt, I'd take the anger any day.

"It can't be over because I still love you, your mine." He replied his voice still pleading with me to understand but I didn't, I couldn't. I had been dead 7 days, only 7 days and he had moved on. He could deny it but the truth was in the mark that was now on his mate's neck and that's something he couldn't change. I had died to save his life and he had forgotten me so quickly and went back to his true mate, the woman who had betrayed him and killed his best friend.

"I am not yours." She said through gritted teeth, he's lucky I had lost my other powers and all that I had left was my elemental because he would probably be dead by now.

"I chose you, and you chose me and we are meant to be Kylie. I love you." He said and wiped tears from his face.

"No you don't love me Nate. You marked your mate within 7 days of me being gone, I wasn't even buried yet! Let's not forget the fact that you cheated on me with her before any of this even happened, back when you were actually my mate." I said trying to keep me cool but it was getting hard, the pain and anger was eating me alive and I don't think I was going to be able to hold it together much longer.

"Kylie..."

"Get out!" I yelled hoping he would listen.

"No, we need to talk." He said not letting go of my wrist or making any moves to go.

"Get out, I can't do this. I won't do this." I replied still trying to get a handle on my emotions and failing miserably.

"Kylie please..."

"Nathaniel I think it's time for you to go." I heard from the doorway and turned to see my mother standing there with a stoic look on her face. Nate nodded and hung his head and let go of me and headed for the front door. He paused before he opened the door and without turning around said, "I love you Kylie, and I will always love you."

"I'm sorry Nate, I can't love you anymore..." I whispered and he left. I knew he had heard me but he hadn't acknowledged that he had. My mom came and pulled me into her arms and I was so thankful to have her there. I needed her more than anything right now.

"So what is your plan now?" she asked. She was always directly to the point when asking questions. I just didn't think now was an appropriate time to jump right into the issues at hand, I needed time.

"I don't know, I feel like I don't know anything anymore." I answered with a sigh.

"Kylie Rae Montgomery I did not raise you to give up, now pull yourself together and make a plan." She barked and I snapped my head up and looked at her with surprise.

"I need time." I pleaded but she just shook her head.

"No Kylie you need to live your life. You pushed Nate away and told him to go so he is gone, you gave up your powers to come back from the dead so now you're here. You keep making all these choices and decisions but you don't have a plan, so I am now asking you to make a plan." She said and I couldn't help but stare at her in awe. My mother has been put through so much in her life so I knew she understood where I was at in my life right now. Yet she is so strong after all of it and I wanted to be like that, I wanted to come out of this stronger than ever. So that's what I was going to do, I was going to make a plan for my future and I was going to make it happen. I was going to accept my birthright as future Queen of the Supernaturals and that was going to my starting point. I had to let Nate go, I didn't have a choice he had mated his true mate and he was going to lead his pack with her as his Luna and I could do nothing to change that.

            I stepped forward and hugged my mom and held on tight and she hugged me back just as tightly and it felt good, it felt right.

"Before we decide on your future though I have an evil half fairy half witch mother we need to take care of."

"How could I forget." I sighed.

"I know just the person who can help us with this." She replied with a smirk.

"let me guess, Aunt Claire..."

**********************************************************************

Sorry it's a little short but i've been kind of busy. Please let me know how you like the progress of the story so i know how you feel. I will try to post at least 1 chapter a week if i have time i will try for 2. Thanks for everyone whose been sticking with this story i appreciate each and every one of you!

**************************************************************************