Chapter 26

I felt like I was sneaking away and leaving everyone behind; I hadn't even bothered to tell my friends I was going. I sent Gage and Aria's letters when I left so I could explain myself in words what my plan was. I knew eventually they would understand my need to get away and start over but right now I knew they would feel how my parents felt, abandoned and afraid of losing me again.

I wasn't going to apologized for leaving, this felt right. Like a new start to my life that the moon goddess had blessed me with and who was I to turn my back at a second chance, although I had turned my back on my second chance mate or was it really he who turned his back on me...

I wouldn't lie and say that Nate didn't cross my mind, he did, more often than I would like but what did I expect I did love him. Still loved him, but he wasn't mine anymore he belonged to his true mate and he had accepted her back and moved on and I needed to let him. I sometimes hoped he was happy with her, other times I wished they were both miserable but I figured this was part of my grieving my first real relationship. Now I was on my way to NYC to attend NYU and I was both happy and scared. Happy to be getting the chance to live on my own and start over and scared that maybe this was the wrong decision and I ended up in a dangerous situation and no one was around to help.

So I exited the plane and made my way through the airport and found my driver in the baggage claim with my luggage already loaded onto a cart. Sometimes it was nice to be a Princess with supernatural beings who made everything super easy for me. I silently followed him to the awaiting car, I didn't even attempt to make small talk and he seemed to sense that. I just wanted to get to my newly purchased apartment that I had furnished by an interior decorating that worked with me over phone and email to design my dream apartment. I had chosen a two-bedroom apartment so when guests came they would have a place to stay and wouldn't need to get a hotel. I was so excited to finally be in NY and away from home and on my own, it almost reminded me of my birthday weekend with my friends. Let's just hope this ends better than that did.

About an hour later we pulled up in front of my building and I hopped out and just looked up and was amazed by how beautiful the city really is, I took in a deep breath and sighed. The smell of the city was interesting enough, I was relieved that the smell of garbage was faint but I could smell roasted nuts and hot dogs and smells of different humans and supernaturals. The true beauty of NYC was the amount of different supernatural creatures who lived here and for the most part in harmony. Usually different species required space and boundaries of property between them but the city has its own set of rules and code that they all lived by and it seemed to work for the most part.

I told the driver to bring my bags up to my apartment and I headed inside and made my way to the elevator. As I stepped inside I noticed a guy about my age already inside and I knew right away he was a vampire and I knew my scent would intrigue him. I had the blood of all supernaturals so trying to figure out what or who I was is quite difficult for most supernaturals who haven't had any contact with the supernatural kingdom and the royal family.

"Are you just going to ignore me?" I heard him ask and he looked over at me. I thought about ignoring him, it would make this much easier for the both of us.

"It's not like you said hello." I shot back at him without glancing his way.

"You're right, how rude. Hello." He responded and I could tell he was smirking by the way he said it.

"Hello." I said simply, still not turning to look at him when the elevator dinged and I knew it my floor...and possibly his since no other numbers were lit up...damn...I went to step out when he grabbed my arm and I used my fire power to make it heat up. He hissed and retracted his hand quickly.

"What are you?" He whispered.

"Better question is, who. Good Night." I said and walked towards my door and was slightly surprised that he didn't follow me.

When I reached my door I pulled out my keys and unlocked the doors. I flicked the light switches and watch the apartment light up. It was beautiful, It was very modern and homey. I made sure to have her install all the modern electronic amenities along with a large oversize sectional which filled up the space well. I had a large living room with a large kitchen for NYC standards with a island with seating since I did not have space for a dining table. The apartment was equipped with 2 bathrooms, one in the hallways and then a master bath connected to my master bedroom. I had floor to ceiling windows with a great view of the city with automatic electronic shades set for different times a day. It truly was the perfect space for me and I couldn't be happier.

I heard a knock on the door and went to open it and was happy to see my driver and not the vampire from the elevator. He quickly set my bags inside and left. I brought them in my bedroom and set out to unpack as much I could before I got too tired to unpack. I was putting stuff in my closet when I heard tapping on what sounded like a window. I quickly exited the closet and tried to locate the sound and it led me to the living room. I pressed the button to make the shades go up where the balcony door was and screamed when I saw a figure standing there. I screamed and then grabbed my keys and took off running towards my front door. As I pulled the door open I ran right into someone's arms which made me panic even more but before I could scream someone covered my mouth with their hand and everything went black...