Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I walked back into the room where I had left Nate and he was still there but he was standing by the door.

“it’s time for me to go Kylie.” He said and I looked at him confused not understanding.

“Your leaving me?” I said panicked

“You need to go with your aunt Claire and train, she explained to me what needs to be done to keep you safe. Please don’t take too long because I don’t know how long I can survive without you by my side.” He said and leaned down and gave me a breathtaking kiss.

“I don’t know if I can let you go…” I whispered.

“its just for a little while, I will be waiting at home with open arms. If you ever need me I will always be there. See you soon my love.” He said and gave me one last kiss before he walked away.

            With each step he took I felt my heart ache a little bit more. I couldn’t help myself when I ran after him and thankfully he turned around to catch me in his arms at the last second.

“Please don’t leave me, watching you walk away makes me feel like your leaving me. I have only known you a few days but it feels like a lifetime and even a second without you feels like an eternity. I won’t survive without you, I can’t breathe without you by my side. You said I was yours and you are mine so how can you just walk away like its easy!” I cried in despair.

“Oh Kylie nothing about this is easy! You think I want to walk out of here without you by my side? Not at all, I want you forever and always but I’m doing this for you, for us. I need you to listen to your Aunt Claire and your mother, if you can’t control your powers they will control you and I might lose you. I just got you and I won’t give you up so if we need to be apart so you can get this figured out then I’m willing to do that. I want a future with you Kylie Rae Montgomery I want a very long future, one where you have my last name and carry my pups and play with our grandchildren together. So please don’t make this any harder than it already is. I love you, you are mine and mine only and don’t you ever forget that.” He replied, his voice cracking with emotion. His words made my heart swell with love and I knew his words were true, he would never leave me, he would never stop loving me and not being by my side was just as hard for him as it was for me. He gave me a quick kiss and then let me go and continued his way out the door and to his truck.

“You will see him again Kylie.” Aunt Claire called from the end of the hall.

“Are you sure? because I feel like my heart just walked out the door.”

“I promise, fate seems to think you two belong together.” She said and I saw a small smile on her lips as I turned around to face her.

“Then why was he not my true mate?” I asked, I knew Aunt Claire knew the answer but something tells me she will not be giving up her information. It amazed me that she always knew everything, its like she was able to speak to the Fates themselves.

“because sometimes even the Fates make mistakes…” she replied simply.

“Ugh can’t you ever give a real answer, its always a constant riddle with you!” I said exasperated and threw my hands up in the air. I heard my mother’s laugh and saw her enter the hallway.

“Kylie it’s the way Aunt Claire is, the fates have deemed her worthy to know of her plans so she can only give out information when needed and the riddles help conceal more than you need or care to know. Trust me when I say one day you will appreciate the riddles because when she is direct with her answers it is never what you wish to hear.”

“Ugh you’re just as bad as she is.” I grumbled and headed off to my room. I threw myself on my bed and let out a big sigh. I suddenly felt so drained and it wasn’t even noon yet. As I felt my eyes closing I heard a knock on my balcony door. I groaned as I got up off my bed, I wanted nothing more than to sleep away the rest of this day. As I reached the door I felt myself smile when I saw Gage’s face. I opened the door am immediately felt his arms around me.

“You’re alive!” he yelled happily.

“Yes due to a surprising turn in events I am here and breathing!” I answered happily.

“So you found him? He asked happily.

“Oh the pathetic excuse of a mate? Not quite. I actually have another mate and his name is Nathaniel, well Nate and he is amazing!” I squealed.

“Another mate?” he questioned as he entered my room. I quickly tried to explain what happened and he kind of just stared at me as if I had two heads.

“You don’t seem to following, am I making any sense?” I asked

“It makes sense its just insane!” he said shocked.

“Well all that really matters is that I’m alive right?”

“I guess, you’re gone for a weekend and you have a story of a lifetime.”

“yeah tell me about it…” I grumbled.

“So where is this so called amazing mate of yours? Leave already to get back to his life before you came along?” he asked rudely.

“He left because he had to.”

“or because he wanted to?” Gage questioned and I felt my temper rise and suddenly I felt heat in the palm of my hand and when I looked down I saw a little flame. Oh shit… I thought of calming thoughts and the flame disappeared, I guess this what my mother meant when she said I could have killed someone while not knowing how to control my powers.

“He didn’t want to leave, it complicated and I rather not get into it. I’d rather you not talk shit about my mate or I’m going to ask you to leave.” I growled.

“We could have mated you know…” he replied quietly.

“Ew Gage your my best friend, besides you have your real mate out there somewhere.”

“I don’t think I’ll ever find her, besides I always thought that you would be my mate. When I found out your mate rejected you, I should have just mated you.” He replied.

“Gage I wouldn’t have mated with you, I am not your mate. Your mate is waiting for you and you have always talked about being with your mate one day.” I said a little bit more forcefully then I probably needed to be.

“I was waiting for my mate because I thought it was you.” He replied and I felt like I was choking. Is he serious right now because I honestly don’t need this kind of drama, this is too much to handle.

“Gage I need you to leave, I’m tired and stressed and I need a nap before my head explodes.”

“We can still be together, its not like he’s your true mate.” He snapped back.

“Get out, just get out!” I said and pushed him towards the door. He grabbed my wrists and pulled me towards him.

“Gage don’t.” I threatened and he leaned in and kissed me and I felt like my entire body exploded and not in a good way. When I opened my eyes I realized he was on the ground looking at his hands and he looked like he was in pain.

“What the hell was that, you burnt me!” he yelled angrily.

“You kissed me!” I shrieked back.

“How did you burn me!?” he asked and he pushed himself off the ground.

“It seems to be a family trait now get out, I can’t even look at you right now.” I spat and turned away from and prayed that he left.

“Answer me!” he yelled. That’s when I heard my bedroom door open and there door my mother.

“Gage its time for you to go home I need to speak to my daughter.” She said in the calmest voice I have ever heard her use it was actually kind of scary. He nodded and walked out onto the balcony and climbed down.

“Oh thank god you walked in.”

“Its what mother’s do, now pack a bag your leaving with Aunt Claire within the hour.” She saw and walked out. I groaned but realized I had no fight left in me so I went to pack.