Chapter 15

“I thought you dead. My mother said she killed you, but there was a small chance you survived.” I replied feeling nervous.

“Your mother thinks she is more powerful then she truly is… Now you on the other hand are a powerful creature and beautiful.” She said and I couldn’t help but smile.

“I need a place to go, I have nowhere to turn.” I said hating that my voice sounded somewhat weak.

“You are my granddaughter; you are more then welcome to come home with me.” She answered and I suddenly felt relief. I knew my mother told me this woman was evil but the thought of turning to my family after everything that has happened since my birthday made me sick to my stomach. They would make me feel weak and pathetic and that was the last thing I needed. I knew this woman would embrace me, especially since everyone was telling me this woman wanted to use me for some evil plan. She didn’t look evil, she looked beautiful and very fairy like.

“Don’t be nervous Kylie, I will never hurt you.” She promised.

“I’ve heard that so many times in my life so I apologize if I can’t believe you right now.” I mumbled.

“I don’t mind proving myself sweetheart, I have waited your whole life to meet you and I don’t plan on giving you a reason to run off, now let’s go home.” She said and grabbed my hand and I felt like I was pulled into some kind of vortex. Before I could even catch my breath or close my eyes I was standing in an unfamiliar home or should I say castle…

“Welcome home Kylie.” She sang in her very beautiful voice. I knew my mother said her mother was party fairy but the fairy part was all I could really see in this woman. She didn’t look like a normal human, she was beautiful and dainty and her actions so fluid they almost all seemed like a dance.

“Where exactly is home?” I asked.

“As much as I dream of returning to the land of the fae, this castle is in Ireland which is close enough for me.”

“And how did we get to Ireland in the matter of seconds?” I asked feeling shocked.

“I have my ways.” She quipped and started walking through the castle.

“Are you here alone?” I asked looking into the rooms as we past them.

“Of course not, I’m not some crazy old woman who lives alone in a castle. I know you’ve probably heard tons of stories about me but I can assure you most of them are not true.” She replied simply as she continued leading me towards the castle.

“truthfully I haven’t heard much about you till recently…” I mumbled and she laughed.

“Why does that not surprise me, that daughter of mine doesn’t know what she is talking about. She did tell you she was the one who tried to kill me?” She asked stopping mid step and spinning around the face me. I gasped and jumped back surprised by how fast she was.

“Y-yes… She said you were evil, that if she didn’t kill you and her father that you would have used her or killed her for her powers and then you wanted mine.” I choked out feeling terrible that I was saying this to her face, I felt like I was accusing her.

“Your mother had a destiny to fulfill a prophecy you could say. She wanted to live a lie with those adoptive parents of hers and her royal mate so she denied her father and I. I don’t deny trying to get to her to convince her to fulfill what she was destined to do and then when I realized she wouldn’t I decided I need to have you complete it. Had she just listened you would not be here right now Kylie, you would be with your mate.” She answered simply then shrugged and went back to leading me through the castle.

“Well obviously I would not be with my mate, my true mate rejected me and my second chance chosen mate cheated on me.”

“Fools!” she yelled out and the word echoed off the stone walls of the castle.

“Or maybe I’m the fool for believing in love.” I whispered. She pulled me into a room which looked like a very grand ballroom. I looked around staring at the huge windows and the giant chandeliers that were made of crystals and the marble floor with its intricate design.

“Kylie you are not a fool to believe in love and you cannot give up on living along life with a mate. You have a destiny to fulfill but that does not mean you deserve to be alone for the rest of your very long life. You will make both of your mates regret the very day they hurt you and you will make them pay.” She said her voice turning dark and her eyes glowing red. I took a step back feeling a little afraid of her. She laughed when she saw my fear and took a step closer.

“Do not fear me Kylie, I may have many more years of knowledge but your power far exceeds mine. I would be a fool to fight against you, which Is why I would like to fight with you.”

“And who am I supposed to be fighting?” I asked feeling very uneasy as I waited for her answer.

“A family that has been trying to destroy all other supernatural communities.” She answered while staring me down trying to gauge my reaction to what she just said.

“And why would they want to do that?” I asked.

“They are a powerful shifter family who doesn’t believe in being governed by one kingdom. So they have decided that they need to attack and dismantle the supernatural communities and then attack the royal family, which oddly enough is you.” She explained.

“Now why wouldn’t you just explain this to my mother instead of trying to force her to do your bidding?” I asked cautiously, part of this wasn’t adding up. She seemed to become instantly angry.

“I do believe you summoned ME for help, not the other way around young Lady!” she screeched and the sound was like nails on a chalkboard so I winced and cringed at the same time.

“I am only trying to understand. You may think I came here to follow you blindly into battle but don’t be fooled Grandmother. I am tired of being someone’s puppet, I am tired of someone thinking they can make me do whatever they want and that I won’t question it or fight back. My heart has been broken too many times and my trust has been broken countless time in the past month and I am done being a doormat!” I yelled back and she just stayed silent and seemed to be eyeing me up appraising me. It made me feel uncomfortable but I stood my ground, I needed to be strong.

She suddenly shrugged and turned away from me muttering, “At least your not a fool like your mother…”