chapter 6

Chapter Six....

            I walked into the club and started looking around. After I made my first sweep through the club I decided to stop at the bar and get a drink before I started to look around again. I didn’t want people to start to think I was crazy because then I might get kicked out. As I was standing at the bar a couple guys came over trying to hit on me but I let them know I wasn’t interested. I told them I was waiting for someone else and I was just hoping that someone else would show themselves.

    It was getting late and it was almost midnight and I was a couple drinks in so I decided to move away from the bar and go onto the dance floor. I started to dance when suddenly I felt sick and in pain. I grabbed my stomach and cringed and that’s when I felt someone gently pull me into their arms. I wanted more than anything for it to be my mate but I knew by the touch it wasn’t. The sparks that felt like fire on my skin were missing but there were still tingles there which confused me. I felt someone lean in and whisper in my ear, “I need to get you out of here your about to shift…” I just nodded and let the stranger lead my out of the club. I still had not seen his face and by now I was extremely curious about who had come to my rescue. When we walked outside I felt myself take in a deep breath, the cool night air felt good against my skin that felt like it was 1000 degrees hotter then normal. I still didn’t see his face but he walked me over to a motorcycle and gently put a helmet on my head and then he put one on himself and then got on the bike and motioned for me to get on.

    I got on the back of the bike and we left the alleyway we were in. We drove for only 5 minutes and I felt myself getting sicker and I was hoping we would be at our destination sooner rather then later. We finally came to a stop outside what looked like a small forest. He turned off the bike and put the kickstand down and then got up and pulled his helmet off and I felt my heart skip a beat. He was so good looking my mouth went dry, I didn’t even have the saliva to drool over his godly good looks. I wanted to run my fingers through his messy light brown hair, I wouldn’t stop there I wanted to trace his perfect plump lips that looked like they belonged to an angel. His skin was pure perfection and his aqua blue eyes made my knees weak, I knew I had to stop staring before he thought I was crazy but I couldn’t seem to take my eyes off him. It was a different feeling then I had when I looked at Luka, with Luka it had been magnetic and instantly I knew he was my mate. With the stranger before me I felt mesmerized…

    I stepped towards me and helped my off the bike and then to take the helmet off me since I hadn’t been moving. When my helmet came off I blushed since he could now see me openly staring at him.

“Let’s get you into the trees before you shift.” he said and his voice gave me Goosebumps.

“Why bother, I’m just going to die. My mate rejected me…” I replied feeling my tears threaten to spill.

“I’m not going to let you die.” he said and the determination in his voice made my heart pound. Could he possibly know a way to save me?

“Without my mate I will die, you can’t save me…” I whimpered as he led me into the woods.

“I know a way but I need you to trust me ok?” he said and stopped and turned towards me. I couldn’t look at him so he took my finger and tilted my chin up so I would meet his eyes.

“I need your trust…” he whispered gently.

“Okay…” I answered and then he started leading me farther into the woods. Finally we came to a small clearing and we stopped and he faced me again. I let out a scream in pain as I felt some of my bones start to shift.

“What’s your name?” he asked.

“Kylie, and yours?”

“Nathaniel but please call me Nate, but Kylie I need you to trust me and listen to what I’m about to say next.”