Chapter 24

When we arrived at Aunt Claire's house I found myself to be a little apprehensive about the whole thing. Was I really ready to walk into another war against my biological psychopath of a grandmother after rising from the dead? I almost wanted to run in the other direction and find a nice tropical island to hide away on and drink my problems away. The past couple months have had nothing but pain and heartache and I wasn't all too sure I was ready for more.

The other issue was my bond with Nate was broken, my tattoo marking were long gone to which made me kind of sad. Letting him go had been harder than choosing to die to save him, my heart honestly ached to have him close but that's because I still thought of him as my mate yet he had chosen someone else...

Maybe I could ask aunt Claire if I had another mate out there, someone who would love me just as much as I loved Nate, maybe more...

"Well look who surprised me with a visit." I heard aunt Claire say as she greeted us on the front porch.

"I doubt you are surprised." I said with lighthearted sarcasm.

"Sometimes you are too much like your mother for your own good child." She quipped and ushered us inside the house. She offered us tea and cookies like always and we all sat in the cozy living room by the fire.

"Now what brings my two favorite girls for a visit?" She asked, even though I knew she had an Idea about why we had come to see her.

" I need information on how to find my crazy grandmother before she starts anymore wars." I said trying to cut to the chase instead of talking in circles like we usually did.

"Raised from the dead and already looking for a way to return to the other side are we?" she asked her tone serious for the first time I could ever remember.

"Well you obviously had already had the vision of me coming back since you didn't seem all too surprised to see me, but yes I'm trying to end this so she can't hurt anyone else. She has caused too much pain and it needs to end so we can all move on." I said my pain pouring into my words.

"Oh sweet child, you may think that is your sole reason for existing but let me tell you it is not so. The fight you seek is not your fight alone and the information you seek I do not have. She has not resurfaced yet so I do not know how to locate her for you."

"Then what do I do Aunt Claire because I am lost, so very lost." I cried feeling the hopelessness consume me.

"Well I can answer another question you have that you dared not ask a loud. You seek a mate do you not?" she asked her eyes lighting up in mischief and I saw my mother gasp and put down her cup of tea.

"I have another mate?" I asked through my tears.

"Yes, finding him will be simple finding a place in his heart will take time and inner strength my child."

"I don't understand."

"His heart is damaged like your own, if you wish to fulfill the mate bond then you both must mend each other's hearts from the pain and it won't be easy."

"How do I find him?" I asked suddenly feeling like I needed to get out of here, I needed something to make me forget Nate and my mate could do that. Yet was that fair to him, to use him to replace someone else in my heart it didn't seem fair.

"You don't." she said and stood and went to the kitchen to pour herself some more tea. I followed her because now I was confused, she told me I have another mate yet I wasn't supposed to find him.

"I don't understand Aunt Claire."

"He will find you my sweet child, patience is something you will need to learn because it is quite the virtue you know..."

"I love you Aunt Claire but sometimes you drive me completely insane." I sighed and sat back down in my chair and my mother laughed.

" I used to think the same thing when I was younger, yet with age I have come to enjoy the games she plays with me."

"They are not games Alivia, it is fate. I just so happen to enjoy weaving fate for my amusement sometimes." She said with a light laughed.

"So what do I do now, go home and just wait?" I asked not sure if I could resume my normal life, so much had happened.

"Go home and live your life, just live and stop worrying the moon will make sure everything is set right."

****PLEASE NOTE*****

This story is note edited or proof read, if you are going to leave comments about grammar and spelling you can stop reading right now because it will not be corrected till well after the story is completed. It's annoying and starting to piss me off to the point where i don't want to continue writing this. If people continue to do this i will delete this story.