Sasuke's feelings

My name is Yoo Hari.

I am a second-year student at an all-girls high school in New York. I am the oldest daughter in my family, but because I have an innocent nature, my parents seem to spoil me too much, or rather they always worry about me.

Of course, I was aware of that; I lived in a world where people looked out for their interests. Since I lived in high society, I socialized carefully because I didn't believe that if someone approached me intending to make friends, it was nonsense.

If they didn't want my family connection, they probably wanted possessions, and most disgustingly, I often saw their lustful eyes on my body.

Luckily, I had understanding parents; they didn't want any engagement with anyone if I didn't want it.

But then, I thought maybe that's why I didn't have too many friends, and the funny thing was that I never wanted to be friends with men.

Later that day, I went out to relax my mind at a bookstore.

I loved the smell of new books, and I loved peeling off the plastic wrapping and reading them until they were either damaged by my notes or I carelessly opened the pages roughly.

An embarrassing incident then happened when I couldn't find my wallet at that time. I smiled with resignation at my carelessness in front of the cashier, but at that time I met someone who unhesitatingly helped me and didn't want anything in return from me.

I thought maybe it was because he didn't recognize a daughter of a chaebol family, or maybe it was New York?

I was curious about the man, and I noticed he was about my age even though he tried to cover his face with a mask. Then I noticed again that he only looked me straight in the eyes; I never saw his eyes run towards my figure; it was like the man only saw me as an ordinary passerby.

If this were a game, I'd be an NPC or an extra.

After a bit of, um, forcing him, I was able to get him to chat for a while at the cafe, and as we chatted, I never stopped smiling even though it was awkward, but again... it was my first conversation without any of family interest or anything.

Then we exchanged names without family names; he said his name was Sasuke.

I see... he might have a Japanese ancestor.

Anyway, that day, I made a friend.

...

September 10th, 2016

The sun was almost up, and at this time I was helping my mom make breakfast for the five of us.

I was helping mom grill the bacon while she was making the hollandaise sauce.

I stare at the bacon as it roasts, but my eyes are blank as if I were staring at something else.

"Hari! Stop your monologue and pay attention to the bacon, stop being a heroine."

Mom startled me, and her chop landed on top of my head perfectly.

"Aw!"

I grumbled and pouted at her, what's with the heroine?

I breathed out a resigned sigh, nodded, and ate the cooked bacon.

Then I remembered that they probably still hadn't woken up after staying up all night.

"Mom! I'll go upstairs first."

"Okay~"

I noticed my mother grinning mischievously at me; I didn't understand what she meant, but I was still far-reaching her level, even though she already had two children, and her youthful aura still radiated from her, and she is very reliable.