❀ 17 ❀

Zoe's POV:

"We need to talk."

"We don't have anything to talk about Jimin!", I said pulling my hand away from his grip. He neglected my statement and turned to the door to lock it before looking back at me.

"And what makes you think that we don't?" , he said.

"No reason!", I huffed out air and then turned my face away from him.

Jimin ran his hand through his hair before saying, "I don't like it! I really don't!"

"You don't like what?"

"I don't like to see you with Jungkook!", Jimin snapped.

" Jimin you c-"

"No, Zoe listen.", he interrupted me.

He took small steps towards me but I stayed still. I was not going to get scared away like last time. He started speaking while continuing to walk forward, " Zoe, I don't like to see you being that close with him. I know you have the right to be with anyone you want and I'm not complaining, it's just- it's just-" and he looked down.

He was standing close to me by the time he completed saying all those. We stood so close to each other that our toes were touching and if we walked anymore closer, our bodies might have collided.

I sighed out deeply to calm myself and then said, "Jimin, he is my best friend. We have always been like this. So what happens?"

He immediately held my hand and placed it on the left side of his chest, where his heart was and said, "This happens!"

His heart was beating drastically fast. I could literally feel the speed under my fingertips.

He started, "This happens Zoe. You are making my heart race , you're making me lose control, you're making me go against my principle, the principle of never letting any girl to affect me this much. I know he is your best friend and I have always seen you like that with him but it's just-.... It's just I cannot help it now! It just happens to me."

And continued, "This is new for me too. This restlessness, this eagerness, it's all new trust me! Suddenly, it's all just you in my mind. I'm involuntarily thinking about you anytime and anywhere."

"But why?" , I asked.

"Don't you know? Is it not clear?"

Oh, you bet I know Park Jimin!

I just stared at him and waited for him to continue speaking.

He took a deep breath in and closed his eyes for a second and then suddenly said, " You're affecting me Zoe!"

Lub-dub (sound made by the heart.)

I went blank at that moment and all I could do was to look down , I couldn't speak out a single word. So perhaps, my silence gave Jimin the chance to continue his speech. He said, "I don't know when it started, how it started but now that I've finally acknowledged this, I realize that you have been affecting me for quite some time now."

He waited for a few more seconds before bringing up his hand to my chin and then lifting my head up, making me look at him.

"Say something.", he said.

" Jimin, I don't think that we should be talking at all about this. All my life, you have just brought me trouble. We are not even friends!"

He waited for me to speak further but I didn't. He then placed his forehead on mine and said, "I know Zoe and I'm sorry for it. I'll do anything to make it up, I'll do anything to start over. Please?"