Chapter 28: In Vino Veritas

Warning: Please, do not be confused! This is still Heart Two Heart, I just change the story title, because I came to realized that 'The Heart Doctor' fits more to the story than the old title.

I heard the door bell, got up immediately to open it. Baka nakonsensya na and he's here to take me back into his loving arms. When did I become such a hopeless romantic?!

"CYL-" What the hell? Nanlumo ako bigla sa nakikita kong mga tao sa harap ng pintuan ko. Are you serious?! Napalinga-linga ako sa paligid, ba ka si Cyl ang nagdoor-bell, tapos nagc-r lang, tas dumating mga bruhildang ito. Tinignan ko isa-isa ang mga bruhilda, ang lalaki ng mga ngiti. Ano bang meron at naririto ang mga ito? Completo pa talaga. Ang hilig magplano ng wala ako, "Wha'?"

"Disappointed much?" Zen countered as she flashed her infamously annoying smile. I step back and closed the door at her face.

Bwisit! I run back to the living room and slumped in my sofa. Peski, bitch! Ughh! I got my phone and dialled Cyl's digit. This is all I ever do, during my day off. I didn't know I am a patient person up until now. Seriously, It's so so Un-Thia, Un- me. It's creeping me out.

Frustrated, I ended the sixty-sixth call of the day. Yes, I am that patient. I closed my eyes, and exhaled. Cyl's effect on me is getting out of hand! I bet he's enjoying himself now that he 'freed' himself from me. Was there any 'jail' in the first place? Does he likes me, or love me even?

Now, now Thia, love has such a broad meaning. Let's not jump into assumptions; it'll only lead to futher disappointments. Psh, disappointment! Hell, I'm disappointed alright!

And yes, the sad truth is that I am disappointed. I've assumed that he'll be here the moment I arrived from home and work. I've assumed that we are going back to normal, the way we used to be.

Upon hearing the front door unlocked, I quickly pushed myself up and stare at the front door, waiting for someone to show up. Who's there? Show yourself human!

"Thanks Enzo." I heard, CC says. Damn, the mere mention of his name made my stomach flip. That was a metaphor people! Stomachs don't flip, literally. Well, I could consider the term dyspepsia for that metaphor.  I glance up, Zen and Liz's annoying teasing smiles. Why, these bitches! I can't believe they aren't blood sisters; they sure do act the same. Hana, Arah, and Cc followed, I let my back fall on the soft sofa and shake my head.

Unbelievable! What are they doing here? Where's Steph anyway? "Who ruined your place?" I heard Arah says, fresh from her honey moon. Yeah, right. Whoopidoo! Sarcasm right there.

I felt a shadow towering over me. I look up, meeting Hana's stare with her creasing forehead. "Did you sleep?" I intentionally ignored her question, it wasn't even meant to be answered anyway. I can imagine what my face look like right now, with make up on and runned eyeliner. I mean, I've been up for sixteen hours, more or less. Hospital works, seriously can kill a person. It can destroy a person's circadian rhythm, mind you.

"You've been painting? That's something you'd do if you're experiencing the D word." CC said, sardonically. No, not dysmenorrhea but depression.

"Uhm, there's this thing called, Take a bath! You smell and look like shit!" That's Zen for you. Any minute now, Liz will come and say. "Yeah totes! I meant duuh! Seriously, Thia? Looking like a crack whore."

I got up from the sofa, and stare them one by one. Zen, with her eye brow rose. Scrutinizing me, obviously. Liz, comfortably sitting on a loveseat reading a Business magazine, I do not own any of those whatsoever. Hana, who's beside Liz looking at me with her cheeky smile. Arah and CC, who is totally absorbed with their discussion. Married women!