his light

Winston PoV:

There is a bonfire today, and like everyone else, I'm require to go, even thought I don't exactly see the point of going. After I got this scar on my left eye all females look at me as if I were dirtying the place just by existing, how could any of them actually take me as a male.

Pondering over if I had anything to do I went out of my small unmated hut, as I will probably spend my life alone I didn't see a need for a bigger one, thus I stayed in this one. As I got out I saw Rosa my brothers cub arrogantly riding one of her mates and as she arrived in front of me said, well More like demanded.

Rosa: be my guardian!!!

Winston: no, Rosa you don't need a guardian.

Rosa: so what? I'm the tiger princess, I get anything I want!!

But then as if the beast god was helping me one of her mates told her her father was looking for her

Rosa: Winston I'll give you until tonight's bonfire to become my guardian.

After that she finally left, a sigh left me as I decided to go hunting since there wasn't any meat left from yesterday's hunt. I had to go quiet far to actually find any prey, probably because many males are hunting for tonight. After a long hut I caught a boar and decided to go back since it was past mid day, and being this far from the city I'll probably arrive an hour before the bonfire. Back home I cleaned, cut and cover the meat I wasn't going to eat with salt to preserve it, this method was discovered by the leopard tribe a couple years ago. After doing that I cleaned myself and went to the bonfire, presented some of the meat to the tiger king and left to a secluded place away from the unwelcoming looks and hostile glares. I found a good place under a tree away from the main fire, and started thinking, I should probably join the next salt caravan, and female expedition as the ape king mentioned a couple of weeks ago, when all of a sudden I heard.

Rosa: Winston, have you made your decision to become my guardian.

Winston: i already told you, im not interested.

Rosa: don't lie, with that ugly face no one will take you as a mate, not even a guardian, if not for me who else will take you.
Rosa was saying the truth no female was ever going to accept me, but I would still refuse, it's better to be alone than having an arrogant and cruel female like Rosa. I was about to answer when I heard

???: i will!!

I turned my head to where the voice came from and was astonished, there a couple steps away stood the most beautiful female I had ever seen, I was mesmerized and shocked at the same time, but I was snapped away from my thoughts when I heard Rosa.

Rosa: you ugly female don't get involved, this male will be my guardian!!!-said with anger-

???: oh my~... Looks like someone never saw her self at the river bank~ oh and last time i checked he didn't agree to be your guardian which means he is free.

Her voice sounded sweet, dangerously sweet.

Rosa: you insolent female!!! Dont you know i am the tiger princess!?!?

Iris: oh well spoiled brat of a princess run back to daddy and tell him the leopard princess sends her regards.

Even thought I know she couldn't be nearly as strong as a male, as she was smaller and slimmer than your average male, she sure gave the pressure of a three striped beast which puzzled me. After that Rosa ran away and the female turned towards me.

???: Im sorry you had to see that, my name is Iris.

Winston: thank you

I said then turned around, afraid that if I looked in her eyes, I would see the same rejection I was so used to, and started walking away when I felt my arm being pulled by a small, soft hand.

Iris: you know, what i said earlier was true.

That socked me, but I turned around, and saw her eyes that far from fear and hate held nervousness and something else I couldn't figure.

Winston: you want me as guardian??

She shock her head no and said

Iris: i want you as a male

If I was shocked before this blew my mind

Winston: why would you, im scary and ugly.

Iris: you are not ugly Winston, that scar docen't make you ugly, it is proof of how stong and brave you actually are, its a reminder that you would do anithyng for those you hold close to your hart, no matter what.

At some point tears were rolling down my cheeks, she rised her free hand and wiped them away, then she cuped my cheek and asked with a smile.

Iris: now answer me would you be my first male?

I gave her smile, I would love to be her male

Winston: yes
After hearing my answer she got on her  tipi-toes, wraped her arms around my neck and pressed her lips to mine, that left me totaly astonished for a moment, but then I wrapped mi arms around her waist softly but thigt, I feared if I didn't she would disappear. The kiss heated up and she bit my lower lip softly which made me open my mouth with a tiny growl, it exited me, she introduced her tongue starting a batle for dominance to wich she lost, then we separated panting for air, and after getting enough she told me.

Iris: lets finish this later, now we should head back to the bonfire.

I noded in agreement and we walked back. When we reached her parents fire she left me and sat to her mother's left, they talked for a moment and then she called me over to her and I sat on the floor at her feet Wich earned me a bunch of jealous stares from other unmated males, and hostile glares from the other males in the royal family, I knew they were sizing me up, so I kept calm and only focuses on my female, she was very kind and caring to me, so other males tried to get her attention by proposing, but she refused them all with an icy tone but calm tone, and after a while no more males came. We spent the rest of the time making small talk, and feeding each other until it was time to go back. Her mother let us stay the night at the leopard castle, and I learned my female already has a den near the leopard castle it was just not furnished. She hides me to a secluded room which was full of pottery, knitted murals and cotton yars everywhere. When I saw this I got shocked yet again everything inside looked finely crafted, she had at least six murals depicting leopards, 1 with a fox, and beautiful landscapes I never saw before, the pottery were all so... different the big ones had flowers carved on them, and the small ones had lids they may be to store things, I was drawn out of my thoughts by her chuckle, and when I turned around she said.

Iris: i made all this things, they are gifts to my parents, my mother always talks about how boring the castle is, so i made the murals so she could hang them around, the pottery is mainly for my mother's male Marcus since he needs them to store herbs, but the big ones are decorations for mother.

I looked at her in disbelieve how could anyone with such delicate hands be strong enough to make pottery, and wave yarn, but I still nodded. She chuckle again she approached a small pouch on top of a basket to the side and put her jewelry inside, then she came back to me and led me to her furr pile and said with a smile.

Iris: let's sleep, there is too much work tomorrow.

Winston: ok

She smiled and gave me a kiss. After that she lied down and I turned into my tiger form and climbed the bed curling around her, after I settle down she started petting me, it felt so confortable it made me purr in happiness, and like that I went to sleep dreaming about our future together.

LoL I ended up writing the whole chapter on his view point

Hope you like it🤗