22

Iris POV:

Bart: fruits?

Iris: yes, the pink ones in the bowl

I pointed to the bowl now discarded on the floor. Bart stood up from the bed, went to the bowl and picked up one of the four fruits left, he smelled it and said.

Bart: I haven't seen this kind of fruit before, but it smells like normal sweet fruit.

Iris: yeah, that's why I thought it's from a new traveling merchant.

We thought for a minute and decided to not eat more of the fruits so so Bart took the bowl and put it inside a skin on the table.

Now that I think about it I haven't seen the other boys since I woke up from my nap yesterday afternoon, so I asked Bart.

Iris: love where are Winston, Shuu and Zoren?

He stiffened as if remembering something important, he quickly came to my side and told me.

Bart: yesterday a huge pack of colosals was spotted near the city, they were close enough to sound the alarm.

Fear struck me colosals never came that close to the city. He noticed it and held my hand tightly, but continued.

Bart: the ape king made a four way attack tactic and demanded all two and above marked males to join the hunt, each family could only leave one three marked male to protect their female in case of danger not including cubs or one marked males.

Do that's the reason I didn't see them yesterday

Iris: how long would it take for the hunt to end?

Bart: since the colosals group is so big it could take a week or more I'm not sure, but it won't be easy, they will even give every male an emerald and fifteen cristales each.

This alarmed me if they were paying this much for a hunt, then it will be extremely dangerous and many won't return, my males my not return. As realization struck me tears started falling from my eyes I felt as if the world was falling apart.

Bart POV:

Iris had a terrified expresión on her face, she started breathing hard and tears started falling from her eyes. I didn't know what to do I had never been in such a situation so I did what my instincts told me. I got on the bed and pulled her to my chest reassuring her that everything would be alright and let her cry her emotions running raw for what seemed like forever until she calmed down and fell asleep in my arms out of exhaustion.

I laid her on the bed and went to prepare something for her to eat when she wakes up in a while. I knew I shouldn't feel like this, she was crying in fear, I knew she was worried for the others, but I felt happy, happy she cared this much for them, for us, for her family.

Iris POV:

I woke un just a little bit before lunch time and Bart wasn't here, he was probably outside cooking for us. I still felt uneasy like any of my marks would suddenly disappear or like something bad is about to happen, but decided I can't just seat around and wait for things to happen so I got up tree some random fur dress on and wet out to see Bart was about done cooking so I went to him and hugged him from the back, he stiffened for a moment but then relaxed.

Iris: I'm sorry Bart.

Bart turned around and put me on his lap.

Bart: sorry for what mate?

Iris: for crying so much like a spoiled little cub.

He chuckled lightly kissed the top of my head and said.