28

Iris Pov:

seeing their darkened faces, I almost could read their thoughts, while I was in that dark place I thought the same.

" who would dare do this to me?"

I am a female, no normal male would dare to give this fruit to a female, at least not conscientiously, so my first guess was "another female" then again I only have a bad relationship with one female, Rosa.

Rosa definitely did it, no doubts on that, but seeing as how dangerous this fruit was, a precious female shouldn't be allowed to have it, as a fact I doubt she even knew this fruits effect before she got them.

she is too simple minded to actually scheme this much, she is more of a bratty spoiled child than a schemer. Don't get me wrong, she can scheme, but not this much she isn't that knowledgeable.

She was just a well used pawn, and in this city there is only one beast who would do this kind of thing and is knowledgeable and scheming enough, fucking stinky monkey.

Everything is connected in some way even thought, I cannot connect them all as I don't have all the puzzle pieces, I can still see enough of the picture to understand it.

The fucking monkey had contacted the city of flames or maybe another settlement of ferals( which I doubt since the boys said there were too many ferals, and they aren't the kind of beast that like to live close to each other, city of flames is an exception), probably promised them emeralds, crystals or even some females, seeing the size of the group described by the boys. They guided the colossal towards the city to create an emergency where at least majority of strong males would be away from the city, leaving their females vulnerable.

The fact that the attact started from the leopard territory(meaning my cave) means that the deal probably was to destroy my clan's things and steal our females. Why? Because due to "my" inventions and ideas, the food and medicine became better, our females life expectancy became longer, we even implemented a modern security system, even thought it isn't as effective without technology we make it work. We gained a great deal of power and the stupid monkey saw it as a threat to his position as the smartest and most powerful king(even thought he is as weak as a roach for all the other kings)

How does this connect to me?

Rosa must have been screaming and trowing a tantrum, when the fucking monkey heard her and saw and opportunity to get rid of me, even if we have never met that monkey hears everything and I happen to have too many powerful males making me one of the stronger if not the strogest female in the city.

So fearing my clan whould get out of his control he decided to wipe it out or at least weaken it, then i who is from this clan is too powerful for his liking, so he helped Rosa giving her the fruits, he probanbly didn't even tell her its full effect. He had everything pretty much planned out.

If i ate the fruit there were four posible outcomes:

1- i was pregnant, got poisoned, he gets rid of me

2-i wasn't pregnant, go into "heat', no one finds me, i die out of pain, he gets rid of me

3-not pregnant, "heat", survive the pain on my own, become infertile, no longer a threat.

4- not pregnant, go into "heat", taken by ferals, become a breeder for the city of flames, he gets rid of me.

Either way he would benefit, but he didn't count on me being wary of him from the beggining and telling mi mates about it. Nor my mate finding me in time and taking me to the leopard casttle, or my mate going back to our cave to find everything trashed, and him alerting everyone, us barricading ourselves, inside the castle, and putting all our females in a safe hidden place.

We are not safe here anymore, my plan needs to get into motion, I'll tell mother today.

Iris: calm down guys, im safe now, Bart saved me *squeeze Barts hand reasuringly*

They calmed quiete a little, but remained tense.

I sighed ans spoke again making eye contact with Winston.

Iris: i know who did this

Everyone looked at me as if i had two heads, except Winston, he instantly knew what i meant.

Leopard Queen: who was it dear?*confused, angry momma*

I sighed again

Iris: some time ago i had a dream mom...

Leopard queen: a dream, what does it have to do with whats happening?*confused*

Iris: just listen to me i promise it wil make sense.

She noded
Iriss proceeded to tell her everything that hapened in the original up to the fall of the city.

They where taken aback

Then she told them about the ape king and Rosa, and their conection to everything going on.
An eerir silence settled over them for a while, as they processed all the information i just gave them(the boys do know about Iris's past life and the novel, they are just beating themselves up for not preventing the fruit insident).

Meanwhile Bart was having a mental break down, he was sure iris hated him now that he forced himself on her, he doesn't want to loose her affection, his entire demanor screamed sad puppy. Iris was aware and tried everything that came to mind to relax him, she sat on his lap releasing calming pheromones and drawing circles on his hand while constantly purring, meaning she is confortable by his side, but he was stil crest fallen

This went on for a while until her mother broke the silence

Leopard Queen: whe are not safe here anymore* serious face*

Everyone nods

Leopard queen: where should we go?

Iris: since i had the dreame i have been making plans, with my males, muir left to find a good place to settle, would love for the clan to travel.

Leopard queen: oh sweet cub why didn't you tell me sooner?, i could have helped.

Iris: i didn't have proof my dream would come true for real, i couldn't posibly bother you with something that wont come true.

Leopard Queen: Iris you are my only female cub, you will never be a bother to me or my family, and with all you have done for the clan they will no doubt follow you werever you go.

Iris: thank you mother*smiles*

Then we heard a loud roar

Winston: it's time to leave, they have finished the safety measures.

Iris stood up from Barts lap and went to him giving him a kiss, full of love and worry.

Iris: ok love, go do what you must, but return to me in one piece, ok?

Winston's heart melted seein how much his female cares for him, he leaned down and kissed her forehead and then nuzzled her neck.

Winston: yes love i will always come back to you.

Iris: you better or I'll have to go and drag you back to me*nuzzled back*

Leopard Queen: i know you love him sweetheart but he has to go*teasing tone*

Iris separated from him reluctanty and winston left, leaving zoren behind.

Iris looked at his retreating form until he disappeared into the forest.