A nice gesture

I woke up around 3 in the afternoon a little hungry so i got up and starte looking around for some fruits or something to snack on. The boys seem to have gone somwhere since none of them is at home ...o well. I was about to go into the house to search the fruit basket when a leopard beastman entered my line of sight he looked around as if asking for permision wish i gave him and he cautiously aproached me.

???: h-hi princess the leopard Queen sent me to bring you some new ripe fruits she traded for in the market they are said to be really sweet.

I looked at him for a minute and accepted the fruits, after which he quickly left, weird, but i shrugged it off. I unfolded the skin bag and saw what looked like peaches inside, ooo i hadent seen this ones around the city before, must be a new traveling merchant. I took them into the house and sat cross legged on the bed.

Iris: lets give them a try

I bit onto one, and was amazed, they were really sweet, sweeter than eart peaches. I couldent help it so i hungrily gobbled 1, 2 and when i was about to bite the third i got a little dizzy, so i stoped eating. As the minutes went by a became increasingly weird. I felt weaker, so i layd down thinking it may be indigestion since i gobled them down so quickly. But far from feeling better i felt feverish and the furs around me became hotter by the second my eyes were blurry and my breathing hard. I was scared, to scared to notice my other symptoms.

???: iris are you inside the den?

I could hear a voice but was to inmersed on how my body was feeling to know who was the one talking. Until a scent hit me and i knew whoever had talked came inside and was aproaching me. However i did not feel distressed, i felt rather calm, the scent gave me a burst of energy wich i used to seat up my vision was clearer a could now see who was in the room.

Third Pov:

Rosa: Have you done it?

???: yes

Rosa: nice, now you will get your prize!!!

???: really!!!

Rosa smiled sweetly

Rosa: of coure but first, could you bring my skin bag back from the river? i left it there by accident.

???: of course!!!!

The male ran quickly, he was so fast he didin't hear the females next words.

Rosa: what better prize than to die for me!

The female smiled evily and whent back to her den.

Winston Pov:

After our meal Iris fell asleep on the hammock, she was lying on her belly, her hair was all around her head but away from her face which was looking at the fire pit, her right arm was folded her semi closed fist lying bellow her chin, the other one extended on the other side, her right leg hanging from the side of the hammock, It was adorable.

But well we were really bussy so we continued working, we decided we would start raising animals at home so that we dont have to leave on hunts as often so i was building pens as Iris calls them to keep the animals. I sent Zoren on recognizance to see if he could find short birds and those big but calm animals she calls cows. Muir and i have talked for a while now.

Flashback

i have told him about Iris's intentions to move to another land sometime around next year or the one after that, i told him her requirements for the new place.

Requiremens for the new place:
1- Has to be on high land.
2- Close to the sea, but far from any merfolk settlement.
3- Close to a forest with big trees.
4- Far from any beast city, as to not be found easily.
5-Close to at least one source of drinkable water.
6- close to prey.
7- Away from colossals.

Muir: i think i have seen a place like that but it was some years ago and i don't know if its still uninhabited.

Winston: can you go scout the area.

Muir: yes but it takes half a year to arrive there and another half to come back.

Winston: the journey would be long and tiring but it would be the best, since its so far we would be safe from the ape king's evil.

Muir nodded with a serious face

Muir: I'll tell Iris

That nigth

Muir came back from the nest

Muir: it was dificult but she agreed in the end, ill leave the day i bring her back to the cave.

I nodded

Winston: the day you leave act like you are going on a hunt dont tell anyone otherwise.

Back to precent

Muir just left and hopefully will be back in a years time with good news.
Now that he is away Zoren will be our eyes in the sky while i train Shuu and Bart, they are both triple marked but you are never strong enough.

2 hours went by and we were almost finished with the set tasks for today, when the alarm rang. The alarm is someting only used when there are colossals dangerously close to the city and is a call for all the 2 marked males and above to reunite at the center of the city, all males in the city are obliged to come even if they are mated so we hurried towards the city, leaving Iris still asleep on the hammock, we shouldn't scare her.

Third pov:

at the city center

All the king where on the platform

Ape king: calm down people, we have decided

Everything went silent in a moment.

Ape king: the group of colossals is the biggest we have ever encountered, so we have agreed on a four way attack.

Leopard king: my leopard clan will place traps troughout the forest

Tiger king: I'll lead a group from the rigth killing as many as possible an leading them towards the first set of traps

Wolf king: my group and i will joing from the left making sure they dont stray closer to the city.

Ape king: and the hawks and eagles will attack from the sky

They let the people think of the plan and then the ape king spoke again

Ape king: we will need all abailable males and the hunt will be long. I understand most of you are mated and awaiting cubs, and our presious females can't be left unattended, thus you are allowed to leave 1 tripple marked male per female, of course cubs don't count.

This caused a big uproar.

Ape king: let me finish!!!

Everyone went silent again

Ape king: all males will ve rewarded 2 emeralds and 15 cristals.

This alarmed everyone cristals are hard to get, but emeralds are so rare that double marked beastman had never seen one, if they are rewarding 2 of them it means some of them wont return. After much delivery everyone got together and and started choosing who would be left with their female and for Iris's family the best option was...... Bart.