23

Bart POV:
I arrived to the castle and just ran past the door straight to iris room. The queen was still there.

Queen: Oh?, Bart you are back already? Why did you bring so little?

She turned back to my female, so I left the things in a corner, shifted and put my skirt on then I told her everything.

Bart: when I got there almost everything we had made was broken or shredded, this is everything I could save.

Her expression changed from calm, to shocked, and the to anger.

Queen: WHAT?!?!? WHO DARES TO MESS UP MY CUB'S THINGS ON MY LEOPARD CLAN!!?!?

Bart: I don't know exactly leopard queen, but I smelled multiple ferals and... colosals

Her expression changed from anger, to shock, and then to fear this time.

Queen: what how is that posible, this can't be happening not now, there is to many things happening all at once, we don't have enough males to protect the city and all the females here.

She was right, majority of the males are on the hunt, we don't have many females in the city and we only have one three marked male for each mated female, if an attack occurs we will most likely loose, it's suspicious.

Bart: what if... the colosals were a decoy?

The queen was silent for a minute, then looked at me concerned.

Queen: what do you mean?

Bart: with majority of our males on the hunt, we only have a handful of males to protect the city, if an attack were to occur we would most likely be defeated.

Her eyes opened in realization.

Queen: but how would they know the colosals were near us?

That is true but it is still possible

Bart: someone from the city must have told them the colosals were here.

She thought about it for a minute, shook her head and said

Queen: no, ferals usually travel around alone, if there is a group they must be from the city of flames, someone from our beast city wouldn't be able to reach it in such a short time.

I nodded that is true, but there is another possibility

Bart: then what if they lured the colosals to our city?

She thought again for some time

Queen: we can't know for sure, but if they truly lured them here, they must have lost some males while doing it, we need to contact the hunting party.

Bart: we can't, we don't know the hunters location, and even if we knew there is a possibility we are already surrounded by them if we send a male to scout he would most likely be killed and we would loose one of the few males we still have.

She nodded and stood up

Queen: Bart, call all the guards we still have and my male and tell them to go to the throne room

I nodded and and went to gather everyone once done we went to the throne room where the queen told them all we talked about, they looked alarmed.( they are like 15 one marked male and 5 unmarked, there is also a set of 4 cubs)

Queen: send three of you to the clans, tell them we may be about to be attacked by ferals from the city of flames, and to put their females somewhere safe.( For my au: wolf clan has 3 females, tiger clan has 2, ape clan has 2 * not counting half-fish bitch*)

They nodded and three of them hurriedly left.

Queen: now, our territory is the first one to spot ferals, and is also the closest to the colosals, tell all our females they are welcomed to seek refugee in the castle, if they agree lead them to the underground safe room( leopard clan has 4 females one of them is unmated)

They nodded and two of them left to gather females.

Queen: the rest of you bring all available food fortify the castle close all openings, and barricade the doors, this will be a difficult week.

After that she rouse up and went back to Iris

I too got to work, the safer the castle is the safer my female will be.

Winston POV:

We managed to push the colosals back, and even thought we killed all colosals that strayed from the group, the pack was to big to kill just one of them at a time at this rate we would be hunting at least 3 weeks if not month. While we were pushing them away from the city we found at least 6 other corpses aside from the ones near the river, auto of all of them 3 we recognized were from the city all others were ferals. This was suspicious but we couldn't be sure if they had anything to do with the colosals being so near the city that is untill Zoren landed beside me with a scared expresión on his face and breathing hard.

Zoren is one of our eyes on the sky, normally he is serious calm and collected if he is scared you better believe something is very wrong. So I worriedly asked.

Winston: what happened Zoren?

He calmed down just enough to push some words out and said.

Zoren: ferals....... big group..........the city........ all around.

All the corpses laying towards the city like a trail weren't a coincidence they lured the colosals there, purposefully towards the leopard clan, they also had help from the city it was planed, but who?, why?. All the things Iris told me about this world started running through my mind again and again specially the conversation she had with Shuu some time ago

......But her actions, knowledge and inventions, will endanger the ape's king position and power in the city........

......the ape king is a really ruthless power hungry male.................

............power...............

..........What do you think he would do to anything that crosses his path in his way to power?...........

............eliminate it...........

Everything clicked into place, we had fallen into his trap and now our females where in danger. My female was in danger.

Winston: go alert the other kings we need to return to the city and fast, before it's to late.