Running Away

September 3rd, 2017

As always, I came back to home after a long school day. I changed my clothes, did my homework and lay on my bed thinking about what I should do next.

I'm already 16 years Old, on my first high school year but I don't know what to do with my life. I really want to be a k-pop Idol but my parents don't agree, telling me that I have to be a doctor or an engineer.
I have good grades at school but I don't see myself as a doctor in the future, it's not my passion. I wish my parents understand this but they'll never.

While lying on my bed listening to "Missing you" by BToB, my father entered my room without any permission and shouted: "Are you listening to those boys again ?!"

Scared, I put down my phone and replied: "No... I just... I..."

"When will you forget them and do something better with your life? Huh?"

"But.. I already did all my homework..."

Mom entered the room too and said: "Do you think Baek Minji rests and listens to music after finishing her homework? She sure studies more than you do."

Baek Minji is my classmate, she's always on the first place while I'm after her. That's why mom compares between the two of us a lot. This is not my first time hearing her say that but this time I couldn't shut up as she was saying those words again so I said: "If you love Minji that much then why don't you leave me and go to raise her. I don't need you anyway." and turned my head away.

"What? Are you saying that you don't need me? Then why are you still in my house?"

"Huh? You want me to leave.. Right? Then I'll do as you wish.."

Dad was watching and didn't say anything.

In that moment, I had two choices, to live with them a restrained and painful life, or to leave them. I know it's too risky to go and live on my own, but I chose the second choice.

I grabbed my phone and walked out of the room, and opened the main door. Dad tried to stop me saying: "Where are you going? Are you really leaving?"

"Do you want me to live in pain with you all my life?"

He slapped me on the face saying: "Pain? Do you think all the money I spent on you was a pain?!"

I turned away and ran without saying any word as I heard Mom yelling : "Don't dare to return back!!"

I ran away crying and sobbing. Not knowing where to go. Suddenly I remembered the boys group that appeared on TV two weeks ago: 'Stray kids'. I was also a stray kid at that time.