Where is The 9th Member?

Everyone left to his room, leaving me alone with Chan.

While cleaning the table, I asked: "Why are you just eight? Where is Minho?"

He looked at me : "Who told you we were nine?"

"I mean... Your MV hit 7M views on YouTube. How can I not know?"

"So.. You know us?"

"Yes, every single one of you."

"Why didn't you tell us this earlier? I'm sure this would make them happy." He beamed. "But don't talk about Minho in front of them. This is a sore point. He's got eliminated during our last mission, didn't you see it?"

"No, I didn't."

He looked really sad as he said: "I wish he return to us. I really miss him. But I feel guilty knowing that I'm the responsible because I didn't help him enough to improve. I wasn't able to fulfill my duty as the leader and protect all the nine members. If only I helped him a little." His eyes teared up as he was talking.

It was heartbreaking to see him like this. I really wanted to comfort him so I couldn't help but grab his hands and say: " It's okay, Chan oppa. It's not your fault. You did all you can as the leader. We all know and believe that Minho is really talented. I hope JYP sees his real talents and let him debut with you. And if he doesn't, I'm sure Minho will make a successful career somewhere else."

Chan pulled me into a tight hug. I can feel his breath on my neck as he said: " Thank you, I really needed to hear those words."

I was ready to stay in that situation for a long time if he didn't push me away saying : "I told that you can stay her for today, but you can't stay with us more. Unless you tell me what's going on."

"But I really don't have anywhere else to go. Please let me stay with you, can't you?"

He sighed "No, you better have a reason."

"Then... Don't be surprised.." I slowly stepped back to remove my shirt without hesitating, showing him all the marks I had on my body.

"Are those bruises? Who did this to you?" He said with a worried face.

"My father did. That's why I don't want to return to them. When I was running away, I heard mom telling me to not dare to return back. I'm afraid they'll beat me as they did before."

"Hey.. Why didn't you say this earlier? Why didn't you ask me for help? We are not close or anything but you know that I won't turn you down." Grabbing my hand he continued : "It must been really hard for you to live until now, but you don't have to worry about it anymore. Cause I'm here for you." He smiled sadly, squeezing my hands.

I couldn't stop my tears from falling :"Can I stay then?"