It's Gonna be Okay

I woke up hearing music, and a voice. "I didn't know God listens to J Cole." Then I realized I was in a car. "Thank god you're awake, I thought you died." I low key wish I did, this pain is PAINFUL. "Hey, you good?" I gave him the meanest 'bitch what' stare. "Sorry for asking a stupid question." Shit, now I feel bad. "It's good, how are you handling it." You know cause we just witnessed our teacher getting bit then going bat shit crazy.  "I'm okay, but I'm not the one who got bit." As soon as he brought it up, it started hurting. "Yeah, I noticed." I then remembered my mama. "Can we go to my house real quick?" He nodded and started going to my house, wait what? "How do you know where I live?" He looked at me and laughed. "I'm live two houses down from you." I hate how stupid I can be sometimes. We finally arrived at my house, I unlocked it to be nearly hit with a bat. "Shit girl, I almost killed you." She pulled me and the boy in the house, and when we got in she gave me the tightest hug. "Why weren't you picking up your phone, I was worried sick damn it!" I completely forgot about that. "I'm sorry mama, I passed out while escaping school." She gave me a hug and told her how the mail man was crazy. "He tried to touch me, so I kicked him where the sun don't shine." She said with her head held high like always. "It's gonna be okay when we have each other." When she said that, me and the boy's worries went away.