The Winners Return

"I wonder how far they are by now." Jenna says as she is sitting with Alexis and Mel as they look out in the distance.

"Well assuming they didn't get lost, or get attacked by bears.." Mel says as he rambles on about what could of happened.

"Mel not helping." Alexis says.

"Never mind." Mel says as he looks at Jenna before he stops talking.

"Will you look at what the dog dragged in? Triple a number one quality beef jerky. And did old Dunderson see a thing? Absolutely not. You know I am getting so good i scare myself. Anyone?" Dipsy asks as she drags over a large bag of jerky.

"Eat? At a time like this?" Mel asks.

"No thanks." Alexis says.

"Go ahead Dipsy." Jenna says as Dipsy begins eating the jerky in the bag she dragged over with her.

"I'm sure that they'll be okay Jenna." Alexis says as Jenna looks at her.

*Timeskip*

"Where are they? They should of been back by now." Mel says as he covers his eyes while worrying about the dog sled team.

"Please Mel don't get started. The plane?" Jenna asks as she hears a sound.

"It's gonna win?" Mel asks.

"That's not the plane. It's the saw mill. But that sound you can't mistake. The dog sled team! They're back." Alexis says happily as she hears barking before seeing the dog sled team in the distance.

"Balto! They won!" Jenna shouts happily as the four run over to the dog sled team and run beside them over to the crowd of people.

"You guys did it!" Alexis says happily.

"Was there ever any doubt?" Dusty asks happily.

*Timeskip*

"Kodi there you are. I was looking for you." Alexis says as she finds Kodi by the water on the beach.

"You were?" Kodi asks as he looks at Alexis.

"Yes. Kodi I talked with your father." Alexis says as she sits beside Kodi.

"So you heard what he said then?" Kodi asks.

"Kodi I have to agree with Balto. I just don't to see you get disappointed when something happens. Please you have to realize he does have a point." Alexis says as she looks at Kodi.

"So you're siding with my dad on this?" Kodi asks.

"Kodi I just think Balto maybe right. That's all." Alexis says.

"Do you really not believe in me or my team? But then again what would you know? You don't know the risks we take on those runs. What this job means to me? You're just some stray without a home. How could you know?" Kodi says angrily.

"I never said that I didn't believe in you! I don't know what I was thinking when I tried to come and reason with you. You're too stubborn to listen. Just forget it!" Alexis says angrily as she begins to walk off.

"Alexis wait!" Kodi shouts.

"No." Alexis says as Kodi runs over to her.

"Please! Look I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that. It's not your fault the plane is here in the first place. Let's just agree to drop it. Okay? We'll worry about the plane when that time comes. I just don't want to lose my best friend over an argument. You mean too much to me. So please can we just drop it for now?" Kodi asks as he gets in front of Alexis making her stop and look down angrily before sighing.

"Alright." Alexis says even though she knows she is right.

"Come on. Why don't we go celebrate with the others?" Kodi asks as Alexis nods and follows him.