Run In

"I sure would like to know why I keep seeing a raven." Balto says as the group stop at the top of a hill seeing a raven.

"You've been following a raven?" Aleu asks.

"Yeah. I know it sounds dumb. I've been seeing this raven in my dreams." Balto says.

"Your dreams?" Aleu asks as everyone looks at Balto.

"Is that why you haven't been sleeping good lately dad?" Kodi asks as Balto looks at him.

"Part of it yes. We only followed it because it promised to help us find you." Balto says as he looks at Aleu.

"I've been seeing a raven too. I wasn't sure if I was following it or the other way around. But why a raven? Why here?" Aleu asks.

"I wish I knew. What is it Alexis?" Balto asks as he sees Alexis sniffing the air.

"I smell company. They don't smell friendly either." Alexis says.

"We should be moving then." Balto says as the group then make their way down to the ocean.

*Timeskip*

"How come you don't want to go over to the rocks with Balto and Aleu?" Alexis asks as she is sitting in some shade with Kodi while watching Aleu and Balto on the rocks next to the sea.

"I had enough of water from our river ride because of that fox. I'm fine here. Besides I get to lay beside my beautiful mate so I'm happy." Kodi says as he smiles causing Alexis to smile and nuzzles him.

"Oh no." Alexis says as she spots wolves with Balto and Aleu on the rocks.

"What?" Kodi asks.

"Look. Follow me and stay quiet." Alexis says as she points to three wolves with Balto and Aleu before Alexis and Kodi make their way over without being seen as the three wolves begin to fight with Balto and Aleu.

"I'm going for Aleu. Help my dad." Kodi says as a wolf causes Aleu to slip over the side and hang onto the rocks while two wolves are fighting with Balto.

"Hey how about fighting fair!" Alexis shouts as she tackles a dark grey wolf off of Balto and growls aggressively before the two groups make a run for it as the tide begins to come in.

"Get back there you sniveling cowards." A black wolf says.

"But Niju the tide." A wolf says as he and his companions are talking to the black wolf.

"Niju? Wait it couldn't be." Alexis thinks before the four wolves begin to back Alexis, Kodi, Aleu, and Balto towards the rising tide.

"Stop! Clear a path for our visitors." A voice says revealing to be Nava and the rest of the pack.

"Father! I thought we were in your territory." Alexis says as she runs over to Nava and nuzzles him.

"Alexis my beautiful daughter. I'm glad to see you're alright. I see you have made friends my dear." Nava says as he smiles.

"Better than that. I have a mate too." Alexis says happily.

"A mate?" Nava asks as Alexis nods.

"Clear a path I said. All of you." Nava says.

"Nava they are outsiders. So is she. She abandoned this pack." Niju says as he looks at Alexis.

"I got lost. I couldn't find my way home." Alexis says angrily.

"That doesn't matter. You still deserted this pack. You are not even his true daughter. You're just a pup he took in." Niju says angrily.

"Enough! Clear a path. Now!" Nava says as he walks over to Niju while the other wolves back away from Kodi, Aleu, and Balto.

"I will not let them go Nava. I will not let you an aging fool destroy us with your weakness." Niju says.

"I admire your passion Niju but do not mistake my old age for weakness. Nor your youth for strength. I ask again will you clear the way for our visitors?" Nava asks.

"No!" Niju says before a nearby whale then splashes him causing others to laugh.

"Some day your tricks will not be enough to save you." Niju says.

"I am sorry it had to be this way Niju." Nava says as Niju walks off growling.

"Thanks for your help." Balto says as he, Aleu, Kodi, and Alexis go over to Nava.

"You're welcome but it is I who thank you for coming at last as well as for bringing my daughter back to me." Nava says.

"You knew we were coming?" Balto asks.

"Of course. It was I who sent for you." Nava says.