Nava's Pack

"My brothers and sisters our summer is almost passed. And I have listened to the trees and blades of grass. They have said this. The caribou will not return this year nor any other year. They have crossed the great water. If we are to survive we must follow them." Nava says as he is standing on a ledge while everyone is looking at him.

"The old one believes the trees and grass can talk? It is time to realize that our leader has lost his ability to lead! And his so called daughter left the pack to become a human's pet so she has no place as our leader." Niju says as some of the wolves talk among themselves.

"How dare you speak that way of Nava or Alexis." Nike says as he looks at Niju.

"Yes. Nava has always led us well and Alexis did too when she was in the pack under his guidance." Silver says as Niju growls.

"Back off Niju." Alexis says as she gets between Silver, Nike, and Niju.

"And who's going to make me? You're no wolf. You're just a pet. You've lost your wild side." Niju says as he growls.

"Wanna make a bet? We may no longer be pack mates but you are not my equal on the battlefield Niju." Alexis says as she growls.

"Stop! Let him speak. It's his right." Nava says as everyone looks at him before at Niju.

"Nava would have us leave that has been our clan's home for generations. So what if the caribou do not return this year? This does not mean they will not come again." Niju says as he talks with Nava and some other wolves.

"I don't like this Kodi. Niju will only make things worse if wolves listen to him. You can't stay where there isn't enough food to go around." Alexis says as she looks at Kodi worriedly while walking over to him.

"I know. It'll be alright. I hope." Kodi says as he nuzzles Alexis.

"Aniu the white wolf has come to me in dream visions and has told me what we must do. She said we must move on and we must be led by the one who is wolf but does not know." Nava says as he walks over to Balto and Aleu.

"Papa?" Aleu asks as she, Alexis, and Kodi look at Balto.

"Look I'm flattered. Really. I mean I've led a dog team before but never a wolf pack." Balto says as Niju laughs and goes over to Balto.

"See here our great leader who visits with Aniu only in his dreams has brought a mutt to guide us." Niju says as Aleu goes over to him growling making him back away from Balto.

"It's alright Aleu. His blood maybe pure but his motives aren't." Balto says as he goes over to Aleu before Aleu climbs onto a rock.

"I say Niju is afraid to cross the great water." Aleu says as some of the wolves mumble.

"I am not afraid! But crossing the great water is impossible. We can not swim it. We would all die! So now I Niju say Nava must step down and let a true leader take his place." Niju says.

"I will step down Niju when a true leader takes my place." Nava says as Niju lunges at him but misses as Nava disappears.

"Show yourself Nava. Your magic tricks will not stop me. I will be a leader who does not depend on foolish dreams! Those who will follow me!" Niju says as he walks off with some wolves.

"Kodi I'm going to go find a place to lay down. Are you coming?" Alexis asks as she looks at Kodi.

"What about Nava? Aren't you worried about him?" Kodi asks as he looks at Alexis.

"Oh he's around." Alexis says as Nava comes out of a tree beside Aleu.

"How did he do that?" Kodi asks in amazement.

"Don't know. I still haven't figured it out." Alexis says as she walks off with Kodi.

*Timeskip*

"Well we'll you're back." A voice says as Alexis is laying down with Kodi.

"Arrow?" Alexis asks as she sees light tan wolf walking over as she and Kodi sit up.

"Who's Arrow?" Kodi asks.

"I'm Arrow. Nice to see you're okay. Did you miss me?" Arrow asks as he smirks causing Kodi to give an annoyed look.

"Um it's nice to see you again Arrow." Alexis says nervously.

"Alexis who is Arrow?" Kodi asks as Alexis looks at him.

"She was supposed to be my mate when we both turned old enough." Arrow says.

"You never mentioned any Arrow." Kodi says.

"Well I-" Alexis then gets cut off by Arrow.

"You know you can still be my mate. All you gotta do is drop that lose of a half breed. Besides what smoking hot female doesn't want a hot male wolf on her side? You could do a lot better than that mutt." Arrow says as Kodi gives an angry look and snarls.

"Not me." Alexis says sternly as both males look at her.

"What?" Arrow asks in shock.

"Arrow I don't want you. I don't love you. Kodi is my mate and he always will be. I'm not about to just leave him for someone who only wants me for my looks." Alexis says angrily as Arrow gives an angry look while Kodi smiles.

"And what makes you think that mutt can do any better than me?" Arrow asks angrily as he gestures to Kodi causing Kodi to growl at him.

"I know I can do more. To me she is more beautiful than the northern lights. She is my entire world. You don't deserve someone like her. She is amazing. She's everything to me." Kodi says as Arrow growls at him.

"And? You're just a dog. She should be with a wolf who can actually treat her like what she is." Arrow says angrily.

"I said no arrow! Now enough." Alexis says as both males are growling at each other.

"Arrow leave her alone." Nike says as he comes over.

"Nike." Arrow says as he looks at the brown wolf.

"Beat it Arrow. She's made her decision. Now leave her be." Nike says.

"Fine." Arrow says as he leaves.

"Thanks Nike." Alexis says as Nike looks at her and nods.

"No problem. Besides even after the time you've been gone it's still my job to look out for you. I'll let you two be." Nike says as he leaves.

"Alexis." Kodi says as Alexis looks at him.

"Yeah?" Alexis asks.

"Are you really happy with me? Arrow does have a point. I couldn't provide you with the wild life like he could. Are you sure you want to be with me? I just don't want you to settle." Kodi says as he gives a sad look.

"Kodiak do not talk like that. I love you and want to be with you. Besides you're everything and more to me. Dog or not. Either way I'm not leaving." Alexis says as she smiles and nuzzles Kodi as he nuzzles her back.