Mysterious Animals

"What's with all this fog?" Alexis asks as she is walking with Kodi and Balto.

"Hey there's a raven." Kodi says as a raven lands on a tree branch.

"You. What is it you want? Are we supposed to follow you? Alright but only if you help me find my daughter." Balto says as he begins to follow the raven.

"Does my dad know that raven?" Kodi asks as he and Alexis run after Balto.

"Balto wait for us! It's not a good idea to get- separated in this fog." Alexis says as she and Kodi run into Balto.

"We can't follow the raven in this fog. Where are you!?" Balto shouts as he, Alexis, and Kodi stand up.

"Where are you?" A female voice asks.

"Here. Keep talking and I'll find you." Balto says as he hops onto a log causing it to roll slightly.

"Steady dad." Kodi says as he and Alexis follow Balto onto the log before the fog clears and the group see a fox with a rope tied around her neck and the other end on a branch on the log.

"You look disappointed." The fox says as Balto gives a disappointed look.

"Sorry. I just thought you might be a raven." Balto says with disappointed tone.

"And I thought that you might be a hunter but unlike you I'm not disappointed." The fox says as she licks her paw.

"How did you get stuck on this log like that?" Alexis asks.

"Say I'll help you find your daughter if you'll help me out of this trap." The fox says as she tugs on the rope with her tail.

"How did you know we are looking for my daughter?" Balto asks.

"The raven told me." The fox says.

"What do you know about the raven?" Balto asks.

"Less then you I'm sure. Now do we have a deal or don't we?" The fox asks.

"Yes but no tricks. There. Now how can you help me find my daughter?" Balto asks as he frees the fox from the rope.

"Easy. By giving you a little push." The fox says as she pushes Balto into the river below.

"Dad!" Kodi shouts before he and Alexis are then pushed into the water below as well by the fox.

"Why did you do that!? Help us!" Balto shouts as he, Alexis, and Kodi try to swim against the current.

"Oh but I did and now you must help yourselves." The fox says.

"Are you crazy?" Alexis shouts as she, Kodi, and Balto grab hold of some nearby rocks.

"The current is too strong! We can't swim this!" Kodi shouts.

"Then let the current take you!" The fox shouts as Alexis, Balto, and Kodi are swept away by the current.

*Timeskip*

"I hope we don't see that fox again." Alexis says as she is sitting with Kodi and Balto beside the river.

"You and me both." Kodi says.

"Balto!" Boris shouts.

"Boris?" Balto asks as they hear Boris shouting as the fog makes it hard to see around them.

"That fog again. I can hear Boris but I don't see him." Alexis says.

"Aleu?" Balto says as he sniffs the air.

"Balto! Balto answer me!" Boris shouts.

"Boris I got Aleu's trail! Go back and tell Jenna not to worry! Alexis, Kodi, and I are going to find Aleu and bring her home!" Balto says as he, Alexis, and Kodi run off.

*Timeskip*

"Where are we?" Alexis asks as they are walking next to a cliff.

"Not sure. But this is where Aleu's scent goes." Balto says.

"I hope we find her soon. Hopefully she is okay." Kodi says.

"Find who?" A voice asks revealing to be three wolverines in front of the group.

"Look we're just passing through. We have no reason to fight the wolverine clan. What do you want?" Balto asks.

"You invade our territory. What do you want?" Wolverine says as the two others are growling.

"We just want to pass through unharmed. We mean no trouble." Alexis says.

"We're looking for my daughter." Balto says.

"They're looking for his daughter." A wolverine says as he and another laugh.

"Yes and they're following a raven." One of the wolverines says as they begin to circle Alexis, Balto, and Kodi.

"A raven? Why not a fox? Or did she outwit you?" A wolverine says as the three laugh.

"Tell me. Are you afraid?" A wolverine asks.

"No!" Balto says as Alexis snarls slightly as the wolves begin to get closer.

"Come now. Are you sure!?" A wolverine asks as he and the two others growl.

"Okay. Okay. I'm afraid." Balto says as he and Kodi back up against a wall.

"Back off. An injured wolverine doesn't fair well." Alexis says as she pins her ears back and lowers her head.

"Neither does a dead wolf." A wolverine says as he laughs.

"Alexis easy." Kodi says as Alexis growls.

"I'm afraid but not of you. I'm afraid for my daughter and I have to find her so get out of our way!" Balto says as he growls.

"Stop following the raven. Don't go. Go home." The wolverines say before they disappear in a mist.

"Well that was odd." Alexis says.

"It's like they were never here." Balto says as he sniffs the ground.

"I say we get going before we run into anything else." Kodi says.

"Good idea." Balto says as the three begin moving again.

*Timeskip*

"Hey I got something." Alexis says as she smells the air.

"What is it?" Balto asks.

"Smells like Aleu. But she isn't alone. I smell a bear. A very large bear." Alexis says as the three begin to run following the scent.