Change Of Heart

As Alexis is walking she soon notices Kodi talking with his mother Jenna before she gives him an angry look causing Alexis to realize it is about Balto.

"That does it Kodi. If you won't go help your father then I will. I just hope I can catch up to him." Alexis says as she runs off and begins to head out of the town.

"Alexis wait up!" A voice shouts as Alexis stops and turns to see Kodi running towards her.

"Kodi?" Alexis asks as Kodi stops beside her.

"Where are you going?" Kodi asks.

"To do what you should of done in the first place. I'm going to help your dad." Alexis says sourly as she begins to walk off

"What? No." Kodi says as Alexis stops.

"And why not?" Alexis asks as she turns to look at Kodi.

"Alexis he was going to take our job." Kodi says.

"And that is more important then saving a life? Kodi I thought you were better than that." Alexis says.

"Why do you care about that human? You don't like humans anyways." Kodi says angrily.

"Just because I'm a wolf doesn't mean I don't like humans but that doesn't mean-" Alexis then cuts herself off as she realizes she told Kodi she is a wolf.

"Wait you're a wolf?" Kodi asks in shock.

"Yeah. Now you know. That's not the only thing unique about me. But it still doesn't mean I want to see a human die. Whatever Kodi. I'm going. Stay if you want but I'm going to help Balto. If your job is so much important than a life than stay for all I care. I thought sled dogs were supposed to help people. Guess I was wrong." Alexis says angrily as Kodi gives a guilty look before Alexis runs off.

*Timeskip*

Later as Alexis is running through the woods she soon stops upon seeing two wolves in front of her.

"Well we'll what have we got here?" A tan wolf says as Alexis lowers her head and looks at the wolf.

"A female all by herself from the looks of it." A dark grey wolf says as the two wolves get closer to Alexis.

"I don't want to fight. I'm only passing through." Alexis says.

"What's a pretty wolf like you doing out here all by herself?" The tan wolf asks.

"Just let me pass. I'll be out of your hair soon enough." Alexis says.

"What if we don't want you to leave? We've been looking for some females to join our little group. I'd say we just found one. And I got no problems with sharing a pretty female like do you Raja?" The tan wolf asks as he looks at the dark grey wolf.

"Not at all Buster." Raja says.

"I'm warning you. Back off! I don't want to fight if I don't have to." Alexis says as she growls.

"A feisty one. I like that. She'll make a nice addition to our group." Raja says as Alexis snarls.

"Get her!" Buster shouts as he and Raja attack Alexis causing her to dodge it but then get tackled down from behind by Buster as he and Raja then pin Alexis to the ground.

"You're ours now girl." Buster says as he growls.

"Get off her!" A voice shouts as the wolves are then tackled off Alexis allowing her to stand up and see Dusty, Kodi, Ralph, and Kirby standing in front of her growling.

"Who are you lot?" Buster asks angrily.

"Her friends now back off!" Kirby says angrily as he growls.

"Why don't you make us?" Buster says as he lunges at Kodi.

"Kodi watch out!" Alexis shouts as she then attacks Buster with an ice attack sending him towards a tree as he hits it and falls to the ground.

"Demon wolf! Run for it!" Raja shouts as he and Buster then run off.

"I guess that's what you meant by you being a wolf isn't the only unique thing about you." Kodi says as he turns around to look at Alexis and smiles.

"Yeah. Sorry." Alexis says as she pins her ears back.

"Don't be. That attack of yours saved Kodi from that wolf." Kirby says as he, Dusty, and Ralph turn to look at Alexis.

"Yeah it looks pretty handy to be able to do that." Dusty says as Alexis looks at her.

"I guess.. What are you guys doing out here? I thought you didn't want to help the human?" Alexis asks.

"Well you had a point. Sled dogs help people no matter what. And you're out here trying to help a human when you're not even a sled dog. If we do keep our jobs I want it to be for the right reasons. Not because of selfishness." Kodi says as Alexis smiles at him.

"So have you found anything?" Kirby asks as Alexis looks at him.

"I was following Balto's scent trail when I ran into those wolves. I should be able to pick it back up again." Alexis says.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Ralph shouts.

"Right." Alexis says as she gets to sniffing before picking up Balto's trail again and taking off running with the others behind her.

*Timeskip*

"Where the heck are we?" Dusty asks as the group comes to a stop.

"Not sure. I see nothing but snow." Kirby says.

"Hey I hear something." Alexis says as she perks her ears up and goes to the source of the sound and sees Balto sliding off a ice bridge with the human holding onto a metal sled that is tied to Balto.

"Dad!" Kodi shouts seeing Balto sliding off towards the edge of the bridge.

"Let's move!" Alexis shouts as the group run over and grab Balto stopping him and the human from going over the edge.

"Kodi?" Balto asks as Kodi and Alexis help Balto to his feet.

"We heard you had a special delivery for Nome." Kodi says as he smiles while Balto looks at the others who are helping Duke back up onto the ice bridge.

"Right on time son." Balto says as Kodi smiles.

*Timeskip*

The group then howls as they return back to town with Duke as people come running over and help Duke.

"It was Balto who saved me. He and the other dogs." Duke says.

"Good boy Balto." A man says as he pets Balto.

"That's my team. Well most of them." Connor says as he comes to the front of the crowd while people congratulate and pet the dogs as Alexis hesitantly allows the humans to pet her.

"See? Humans aren't so bad." Kodi says as he smiles at Alexis as she looks at him.

"I guess." Alexis says as she is enjoying having her hear scratched by one of the humans.