Tsìlllyä

Two years before the Sully's arrive

Ao'nung's pov:

I watched the oldest Monolith girl play with the younger kids of the clan as I sharpened my spear.

Out of all the girls of the Metkayina clan my parents have tried to pair me with, she has always caught my eye.

Not just from how pretty she is, but how calm she is. She has always had a smile plastered on her face, she was friendly with the younger kids, despite when they pull on her tail, arms, hair, and legs, she only reminds them not to do that. She almost never seems to get mad, like not even once a week would she get upset with them.

'Ao'nung!' A voice squealed. I groaned as I looked over to see a little girl, the youngest Monolith girl.

'What?' I sighed, trying to be nice.

'Come play with me! Please!' The little girl begged, I looked around behind her to see my sister, a smirk plastered on her face.

'Why won't you play with the other kids? -she shrugged- Why don't you play with Tsireya, she told me she would adore playing with you.' I lied the girl looked at Tsireya, she shook her head.

'No, I wanna play with you!' She insisted.

'I have to put my spear away.' I grumbled, hoping the girl wouldn't follow me. But just my luck I felt vibrations on the floor, I looked behind me spear and dagger in hand to see the girl happily skipping behind me.

I walk in the hut to see my parents, Ronal and Tonowari, Tsahik and Olo'eyktan of the clan. I handed the dagger to my father, stalling as I put my spear away. My mother looked at me, then outside to see the little girl when I turned around.

'Er, Ao'nung? Would you fetch the Monolith's? Five huts down to the left. Return at eclipse.' Ronal asked me as I looked at her thankfully, then turned to see the little girls disappointment. My father gave me the, deal with her look. I crouched down infront of her as she looked at me with sad eyes.

'Find me tomorrow, yes?' I told the Monolith girl hesitantly, her face instantly lit up, her arms wrapping around my neck as she hugged me.

'Alright now, it's eclipse in half an hour, go on and play with the other kids.' I told her, I shooed her off as I went to the Monolith home.

'Mr. Monolith, Mrs. Monolith.' I spoke as I announce my presence. I moved my hand from my forehead down, a gesture to respect them.

'Oh, Ao'nung.' They spoke startled, copying my actions.

'My parents wish to see you.' I told them as they stood.

'Yes, will you fetch our daughters and tell them where we will be? They are out on the beach with the other kids. Bring them when you return.' Mrs. Monolith spoke.

'Right.. the older one, her name is Tsìlllyä, yes?' I asked them as her father nodded, walking off.

I sighed as I was given yet another task. I jogged my way over to the beach.

'Tsìlllyä!' I called for her, she looked in my direction, all the kids stopped what they were doing to look at me.

'Ao'nung.' She greeted me, making the, 'i see you" gesture as I copied her.

'You parents wished for me to tell you their whereabouts. They are in the Tsahik and Olo'eyktan hut, they wish for us to return there at eclipse.' I informed her as she nodded slowly, some of the kids grabbed my hands.

'Play with us Ao'nung!' They giggled as I noticed the youngest Monolith girl from earlier, she was laughing. I looked over to see Tsìlllyä holding her laugh as my ears and tail went down in response.

I playfully hissed at the kids crouching, to them it was a move to hide, with the one who hissed seeks. Their faces quickly went blank, not knowing whether they should hide or not.

'Go on, hide! Quickly!' Tsìlllyä urged them, they all quickly let go of my hands as they ran off. Tsìlllyä pushed my head down so I couldn't see where they went.

'No cheating!' Tsìlllyä scolded.

'Yea, yea.' I chuckled, I felt her push my head down again as I gently slapped her hand away.

'Alright, go. Quick it's almost eclipse.' She urged me as we ran in opposite directions. After awhile I heard a panful yelp, I looked at the kids behind me that I found.

'Ao'nung! Quick, it's Tsìlllyä!' A child yelled, my face dropped as I sprinted with the other children, the rest coming out of their spots to see what happened.

I found Tsìlllyä on the sand a group of children around her. Her ears were down as she held her torso.

'What has happened?' I asked as she looked at me.

'I fell off the dock and I landed on my side. Ao'nung that hurts!' She yelled at me as I moved her hands away from her torso.

'Can you walk?' I asked her, she shook her head as I stood. I picked her up bridal style, she gasp in pain, leaning into my chest. I noticed she had landed on a rock as I began to rush, her blood dripping on my legs.

'Aih!' She hissed, I held her as she slung her arms around my neck as I brought her to my hut.

'Go home. It's eclipse in 10.' I told them once they started to follow. They all ran off as I got near the hut, Nita following close behind.

I walked into the hut, my mother quickly standing as she saw us.

'Ao'nung wh-' She stopped herself as she saw blood, Tsìlllyä was hurt.

'We got stuck playing hide and seek with the kids, Tsìlllyä fell off the dock.' I explained looking down at her, tears threatened to spill from her eyes.

Ronal shooed me and Tonowari out, leaving her, Tsìlllyä, and her parents. I heard giggling, turning to see my sister as I leaned against the hut.

'What's going on?' She asked as I noticed my father talking with another man of the clan. She then noticed I was covered in blood.

'The oldest Monolith daughter is injured, she hurt her torso, falling of the dock.' I told her, her eyes grew wide. I jogged off to wash off, it stained my drap, I looked down as I groaned, gotta change.