Ceremony of loss

'You.' She replied as I nodded slowly, I sighed quietly as I could while I took my place next to Tsireya.

We neared the spot, we saw the men already there, I saw a one of Ao'nung's friends as we made eye contact, he had a amused expression.

I shook it off as Ronal led Tsireya and I while the other women went to find their mates or families.

We stood on either side of Ronal as everyone began to quiet.

'Tonight, we remember the great losses taken from the war. We shall remember Hil'mia, my spirit sister, (and many other Na'vi). We also welcome the Sully family as Metkayina, their oldest son lies in a Tsahik Mauri tonight, healing well as he is in Eywa's hands and my own. Before we begin this ceremony I would like to address that if (Insert father's name), my father, is seen. He will be reminded that he is banned from the clan, if there is a second, he shall be killed on sight.' I took a deep breath as I saw confusion on many faces.

'If there are any further questions from tonight's information you are to come directly to our clan leaders. Now, let it begin!' I announced, Tsireya and I followed Ronal towards Tonowari, Tonowari and Ronal next to eachother, Tsireya next to Ronal. While I sat next to Tsireya as my mother sat on the other side of me with Nita.

'Where is Ao'nung?' I asked, the three of us (Ronal, Tsireya, and I) looked at Tonowari.

'He told me he would be back by now. He and his friend got into and argument.' He told us, I picked at my food knowing I wouldn't be able to go find him.

'Eat, you haven't eaten since before the battle. You need your strength.' Aenkxä (her mother) whispered, I felt uncomfortable at the thought of eating, especially if Ao'nung was off on his own.

She pulled my ear once I didn't eat, I hissed in annoyance while I looked at the ground, I knew better then to look her in the eye.

Tsireya whispered something to her father, when I looked over at them they turned away. I nibbled on a bite of my food as I held it at my finger tips, Tonowari whispered something to Ronal as he got up and left. She then glanced at me as Tsireya sat in between us.

I gagged as I swallow it, I could barely get it down. I took this little cup looking thing as I drank the water in it. I pushed my hair out of my face as I grabbed the knife on my waist to cut my food into smaller pieces.

I then copied my actions, holding it at my fingertips. Someone laid a hand on my shoulder, I turned to see Ronal.

'Don't eat that, eat this.' She switched my dish out with another, it had berries, a different type of fish, and something else I couldn't name.

I slowly ate it, I began to like it as I ate more, looking at Ronal in confusion.

'Being with kin changes what you do and don't like, what you can and can't tolerate in food and a few other things.' She explained, I nodded as I slowly ate more. I shivered, my tail swaying side to side something grabbed me, warm but wet, I turned to see Ao'nung and Tonowari.

'Sorry to worry you love.' He whispered, he kissed my forehead sitting between me and Tsireya.

'Where were you?' I asked, he looked back at me.

'One of my friends said something about you and I got mad, before we could hurt eachother I walked off.' He mumbled, I hummed in response as I turned back to my food, he began eating as well. Soon a couple fires were lit on a part of the beach that was large enough to fit 3 times the clan.

Many people finished eating, standing as they made their way over there. Tuk ran over as she took Nita's hand, they ran over.

'Be careful!' My mother yelled, I finished eating as someone brushed up against me taking my hand, I laughed as Ao'nung dragged me along. We danced to the rhythm of the music, I began to hum to it, soon I started to sing with it.

The music stopped after awhile as the men and woman separated, I sat next to Tsireya.

'What's happening?' Neytiri asked as she watched her confused son and husband, Lo'ak and Jake, go with the other men, Ao'nung's arm around Lo'ak's shoulder in a friendly way same with Tonowari and Jake.

'This next dance we separate, the men come over and choose us. If your mated, only your mate can pick you. If your not anyone can pick you to dance, for example, Kiri, your brother can pick you to dance for fun. But knowing him he'll pick someone else.' I hummed looking at Tsireya.

'What if your not picked?' Tuk asked, I looked down at her and smiled.

'You can dance on your own, with another woman who hasn't been picked preferably someone you know, or you can just sit out and watch.' I spoke as I tapped her nose, she giggled.

'My'ladies.' Two spoke, I looked up to see Ao'nung and Lo'ak. Lo'ak infront of Tsireya his hand out, same with Ao'nung. We both took their hands as they helped us up.

'Remember, it's also a traditional dance, you can't just do anything.' I reminded the Sully woman as I walked off with Ao'nung. We took our places across from eachother before we began while the men choose their partners.

Once everyone had their partners,

we began.

______________________________________

Imagine the dance in the live action Aladdin or sum, I have no idea how to write a dance scene and I'm a bit too lazy to figure it out 😭

And Happy Easter! -S