Tuktirey

'Tsìlllyä!' A voice squealed, I looked down to see Tuk.

'Tuk! Didn't I say to call me Lyä?' I chuckled as she took my hands in her's.

The girl smiled as she lead me to her mother, handing me the yovo juice. I drank it as Tuk told me her plans for the day.

'Could you come, Lyä?' Tuk asked, I glanced at Neytiri before I looked back at Tuk.

'I'm sorry, Tuk, I've been told I can't go in the water until the first breathe of my child.' I spoke lightly as I tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear.

'Aw, okay.. wait! What if you helped me make them?' The girl proudly grabbed my hand as I finished the juice, handing Neytiri the cup.

'I suppose I could spare the time.' I giggled with Tuk as she lead me out to the beach.

'Don't go to far!' I called out as sat on the sand, I held my stomach in my arms, making little circles around my stomach as I hummed.

I heard a scream as I looked up, Tuk was gone and no one was close by. I got up as fast as I could, going over to the shore of the water, going on ankle deep.

'Tuk?' I called out.

'Tuktirey!' I yelled as I got no answer, I looked around, spotting someone in the distance on an ilu.

'MaNung!' I screamed as I recognized him, he looked at me as he dived under coming my way.

'Tuk is gone, she was just here! There's so much kelp she might not be able to swim.' I spoke panicked as he sprinted back into the water, one of my hands went to the bottom of my stomach, my other hand on my forehead.

I tried to look under the water to just see nothing.

'Tuktirey!' I yelled out again, some people began to crowd behind me as I desperately looked through the water.

'Can anyone see her?' I looked behind me at the people, some diving in as I ordered a small search party of three.

Ao'nung resurfaced with someone in his arms, the party of three came up behind him.

'Is she breathing?' I asked as he rushed to me, he laid Tuk on the ground as I got to my knees. I placed my head on her chest to listen to her heartbeat.

I began to press on Tuk's chest, pressing on her mouth to get air in her lungs.

'She was caught in the kelp, passed out when I found her.' Ao'nung whispered as Kiri and Lo'ak sprinted to our side, spider among them. A few moments later Tuk gasped as I turned her onto her side, rubbing her back as she coughed up water.

'Oh, Tuk, Tuk...' I murmured as I sat her up, she began to tear as she threw her arms around me.

'Your okay..' I reassured her as Lo'ak took his younger sister in his arms. I slowly got up with the help of Ao'nung and two others.

I lost my balance as Ao'nung wrapped his arms around me. The crowd disassembled, laying my head on Ao'nung's chest someone ran up as they wrapped their arms around my thigh.

I looked down to see Nita, laying a hand on her head, ruffling her hair.

'Come on, you should rest.' Ao'nung spoke as he began to guide me to our Mauri with Lo'ak, Kiri, Tuk, Nita, and Spider behind us.

'I have to check Netayam over..' I whispered as we walked in to find the Sully parents.

I left Ao'nung's side as I sat besides the Sully boy, gently I lifted up his bandages, reveling the one formally covering his wound.

I glanced one last time at the Sully parents as they nodded, I turned back to him as I lifted it, covering it with a formal dressing that would help close it, doing the same to his back. Recovering both bandages with one big one that wrapped around him.

I pressed two fingers on the side of his neck to find his heartbeat, it was there. I placed a finger infront of his nose.

'His breathing is good, his heart is a bit fast.' I spoke as I looked up at the Sully parents, they thanked me as Kiri told them what happened to Tuk, causing them to thank me again.

They left as I began to shiver, making my way to Ao'nung, laying next to him.

'My love, your shaking..' He spoke concerned, taking his hand as he rubbed it back and forth on my arm.

'I'm cold.' I whispered as he nudged closer to me, throwing a blanket over us.

'Your mother is doing well, any day now and you have a new brother.' I spoke as he hummed in response.

'My mother is strong. I'm more focused on you and our child.' He breathed into my neck as he sat up. I smiled as I turned my head to look at him, he kissed my nose before burying his face into my neck.

'How long am I not supposed to tell you if we're going to have a son or a daughter?' He asked as he pulled away.

'You can tell me whenever by now, just not this second, I'm tired and cold.' I spoke as I laid my head on my arm, he laid back down as well.

We started to fall asleep as someone came running in.

'Tsìlllyä! Ao'nung! It is time, your mother is having her child!' They spoke excitedly, I looked over to see Natal.

Ao'nung sat up as he glanced at me.

'Go, I'll be there soon. -He hesitates- Go, Ao'nung!' I shouted lightly, he got up as he sprinted out. I grabbed my headpiece as I got up, walking with Natal.

I soon got there as I walked in, Ronal yelled out.