Comfort..?

This chapter isn't too long! It's an Ao'nung pov:

She continued to sob, I wrapped my arms tightly around her as I pulled her into my lap.

After a few moments I called an ilu, carrying her on while her arms swung around my neck.

We all rode back slowly, tears starting to form in my eyes as her cry's became muffled. When we came close to the shore, she had fallen asleep.

I looked down at her, my ears and tail falling. I wrapped her legs around my waist while I picked her up, her head laid on my shoulder. I followed my parents, carrying her with me.

'Tsìlllyä's spirit sister has been murdered by the sky people.' Ronal announced to the clan, they all gasped looking in our direction.

'This war has come to us! We knew about this hunting of our Tulkun people but it was over the horizon far away. Now it is here!' My father shouted, the clan started whooping.

'You have to understand how the sky people think. They don't care about the great balance.' Jake spoke, someone shouted.

'Listen to him!' Netayam shouted to the people, I glanced at him as Tsìlllyä shifted, lifting her head.

'The Sky People are not gonna stop. This is only the beginning. You've gotta tell your Tulkuns to leave. You gotta tell them to go far away!' Jake warned as he turned in a circle.

'Leave? You love among us, and you learned nothing!' Tsìlllyä yelled at Jake as I put her down, she turned in my arms, taking in the situation.

'We will fight to protect our brothers and sisters!' Someone shouted behind Ronal. I hissed with my tongue along with a few others.

I felt a squeeze on my arm, Looking down to see Tsìlllyä holding my arm. I gently squeezed her tightly in my arms, I kissed the top of her head in worry.

'No, no, no. If you attack, if you fight. Then they will destroy you. They will destroy everything that you love! Hear my words! Hear my words!' Jake continued, the oldest Sully children told the people around them to stay calm.

My mother clasped a hand on her stomach, my unborn sibling being there. All Metkayina woman that are pregnant are over the age of 18, if not they are very weak, not as strong.

'He speaks the truth!' Netayam shouted, Jake went over to his son grabbing the pinger, running to the middle and held it up.

'You tell the Tulkun, that if they are hit by one of these, they are marked for death... Call for me and I'll silence it. Saving their lives, that's all that matters, right? Saving your family.' Jake told the clan. Tonowari stood next to Jake, looking at the Omaticaya, the one they call Toruk Macto.

'Tell the Tulkun.' Tonowari told the people, Tsìlllyä and Ronal telling them to go urgently. She turned around in my arms looking up at me.

'I'm so sorry, Love..' I spoke softly as my left hand cupped her cheek. She leaned into my hand, wrapping her arms around my neck.

My hand fell back around her torso as she laid her head on my chest. We rocked back and forth as someone ran to our side.
______________________________________

So sorry about not publishing! It's been a really rough past few weeks. -S