Chapter 1 - Flowers?

Pixlriffs glanced around the Ancient capital. It was all coming along nicely. He had gained a knack for restoring the old ruins found around this old place. They fully focused his energy on the past, letting the others of the Empires World tell the present and future.

That's what they wish they could do. He had to sometimes focus on themself. Like, for example, when he was glancing around said empire, he felt something in their throat. It hurt a bit, but it was nothing that couldn't just go away. That's what they thought of course.

He let out a harsh cough, elbow going over their mouth. He moved their arm down, but stopped when seeing it. Blood... Blood sat, soaking into the dark fabric of his shirt.

On top of that, something else sat stuck to the blood. Flowers? No- no- I couldn't be... But there it was. Flowers. Tiny purple flowers.

"What..?" Pix chuckled in confusion, "What is this?"

Another cough came up. He didn't cough into their elbow this time. He coughed down to the ground, seeing a splatter of blood and the same small flowers sitting on the stone. "What..? Why am I..?" Pix trailed off with their question.

They needed to research this. What was even going on? It didn't make any sense.

"Scott! Scott, are you home!?" Pix yelled loudly, wandering around the colour kingdom. Soon enough, he saw the Mayor of Chromia leaving the llama garden. "Scott, there you are!" Pix rushed over quickly.

"Oh, hello there Pix. Did you need something from me? Something with the museum again? Something gone missing?"

"Nope, not this time." Pix told him, "I found some flowers I don't recognize and I wondered if you would."

"Do you have some of those flowers with you?" Scott asked.

Pix nodded, taking some small flowers from his pocket. It was a collection of a bunch of very small purple flowers, a bit damp from being washed, but Scott couldn't see that. "Looks like... Like allium."

"Isn't allium a big flower?"

"It is, but it is more like a dandelion, where it has a bunch of outshoots of seeds, or in the case alliums, flowers." Scott explained.

"Oh, alright!"

"Though... There is something different about them."

"May I ask what you mean?" Pix raised an eyebrow to the colourful man.

"Y'know how I have a magical eye, that can see traces of magic?"

"Yes?"

"These have a small trace of magic." Scott stated, "Not any significant amount, but there is a bit... Would you happen to know anything about that?"

"Nope!" Pix answered a bit too quickly.

"Pix... Is something wrong?"

"No, nothing is wrong. Thanks for the help on the flower- I should get going now!" Pix turned on their heel, quickly flying off. They didn't know what was going on with him, so he couldn't let Scott know! He was worried for sure. They just started coughing up slightly magical flowers. And allium seemed like a really random flower...

I must have some connection. Some connection to something- he just had to figure it out...

(517 words)