Chapter 7 - A Date?

"Pix! Look at the sky! It's so pretty!" Oli had a wide smile on his face as he rushed to Pixlriffs. The sky was still a slight blue at the top, though the horizon was orange, blending perfectly into the blue. "Indeed it is..."

"Still going to get prettier though! Almost as pretty as you-" Oli flung his hands over his own mouth, cheeks going pink, "Forget that last bit!"

Pix wasn't sure if he had heard Oli correctly. Calling them pretty? No- no, must of misheard... "Shall we take a seat to watch the sunset?" Pix offered. Oli smiled, taking the archaeologist's hand, pulling them to a seat against one of the trees. The glowing fruit hung around them, giving a nice light. The sun was falling in the sky, the pinks soon replacing the blue along with the orange. You could hear the dodo's not too far from them, stamping their feet, making small chirps. The wind was soft, rustling the trees.

Soon, as the sunset was getting close to its prettiest point, the coords for a lute joined all the other sounds. Pix turned his head slightly to Oli, smiling at the small bard. It almost seemed like a scene from a movie. Pix wasn't any kind of romantic, never having thought of something like this, but it still all seemed perfect, as if it was something they had always dreamed of.

Oli was very much a hopeless romantic, dreaming of his future with the right person for him. This all seemed like everything he ever dreamed of. Even if he never got the boyfriend he wanted, he would forever cherish this perfect moment.

The sun soon fell in the sky. The froglights were their only source of light. The dodo's started laying down for bed. The wind was one of the only two sounds still heard. The other was the soft plunking at the string, the musical notes seemingly surrounding them. Neither of them dared to speak.

The next sound to be heard was the soft laugh from a certain blonde. "Huh..?" Pix glanced to Oli. "This is so nice... It's so calm, like I can just forget about all my troubles." "Haha... Yeah..." A small smile sat on the archaeologist's face, just happy to be with Oli. It was all so calm...

"Oh! You should come to the Olipeligo soon to hang out! The beach is so nice, especially at night!"

"Sure... I don't know how soon I'll be able to make it, but I'll take you up on your offer sometime!"

If I don't die before then...

"Great!" Oli's smile softened, before he asked, "Do you think I could stay the night?"

"Oh- Um- Sure, but I don't really have a proper home."

"I can figure something out. Maybe I should sleep in my first megabase-"

"That is an exhibit now, hands off!"

Oli burst into laughter, bonking his head on the tree behind him, "I know, I know! Just thought it'd be funny to suggest." He said between giggles.

"If you want, I could find some blankets and pillows and we could sleep out here..?"

"A sleepover! I like it! I'm going to raid your storage for comfy stuff." Oli stated, hopping up as Pix yelled in protest.

"Stay out of my organized storage!"

"I won't mess it up, I promise!" Oli yelled. Pix sighed, noticing that Oli had left his lute. It was beautiful, and reminded them of Oli.

Magical.

Pix let out a few coughs. Honestly he was surprised how well they were able to keep them in. The archaeologist brushed away the flowers, and tried to hide the blood best he could. Couldn't let Oli know...

"I'm back!"

"AH-!" Pix stumbled back a bit, Oli bursting out in laughter, "H-hey, you scared me!"

"Sorry, sorry. Wasn't my intention, but it was funny. Anyways- I found some comfy stuff!" Oli held up a bunch of pillows, along with a large blanket that sat on his shoulders. He honestly looked adorable.

"Alright, should we set up for the night, then?"

Oli had a wide grin, as he tossed a few pillows to Pix, before beginning placing some down. Pix smiled softly, joining the excited bard. Soon enough, Oli deemed the makeshift bed comfy enough, tossing the blanket on. Well, he aimed for the pillows, but ended up just covering Pix.

"Oops-" Oli giggled a bit, Pixl slipping the blanket off themself. "Seriously?" "I didn't mean to! Let's just go to sleep, it is pretty late."

"Okay, okay." Pix put the blanket on the pillows properly, Oli hopping on, cuddling into the blanket. "So comfy..." Pix took a seat, glancing at Oli who had already closed his eyes. Pix chuckled, also laying down.

It was completely platonic. Just some friends having a sleepover. Yep, that was it.

Oli had just wanted to have a sleepover. Right?

He looked so peaceful, laying there next to Pix.

So calm.

The froglights hung above them, so it was still a bit bright, but Pix would manage.

It was all calm if Oli was there.

(817 words)