Chapter 10 - They Know.

TWs

Panic attack

Passing out

(And blood, obviously)

---------

A long sigh passed through Pix's lips, looking around the large. They trekked through Gobland, his eyes soon meeting the sight of all the emperors. He didn't want to come, they knew what the meeting was likely about, but he made sure to go to everyone's meeting so it would be suspicious if they didn't.

"Pix! You're here! I was starting to get worried..." Shelby gave a warm smile, while welcoming them to a seat next to her.

"Alright, that's the last person here, I believe we can begin..." fWhip brought the attention to him, "So, like I said in the message, this is important. Is there anyone else who has to say before I can begin?"

Joey raised his hand, fWhip letting him speak, "What's so important? Really, is the server in danger or is this an overreaction?"

"No, the server is not in danger... It's..." fWhip sighed, Scott speaking for him.

"We believe that one of the server members is dealing with something dangerous. A disease of some sort we believe. They have refused to tell us anything, so we are extremely worried."

"Why call a server meeting for that?" Joey questioned, "Shouldn't you talk to them privately?"

Scott released an annoyed sigh, "We have tried that. Me and fWhip determined that talking to the whole server about this would be the best course of action. It's good for people to know, so we all can help."

"Is the person okay!?" Oli asked loudly.

"We... we don't know." fWhip admitted.

Shelby gave a glance at Pix. "Are they talking about..." Shelby whispered. Pix nodded.

"We want to start with asking if anyone recognizes the two symptoms we've seen." fWhip stated, "Coughing up blood, and flowers. And fatigue, we believe."

Most people expressed that they knew nothing. Shelby and Pix stayed quiet.

"That sounds like hanahaki." Joel said, "But it's been so long since someone had it last, so everyone believes it's a fantasy disease..."

"How do you know about it?" Shelby asked.

"It's a god's curse." Joel mentioned, "Well, it originally was. It was originally a curse from gods as punishment for humans who were unfaithful to them, and had someone they loved that they had not told. No gods nowadays would ever use it. From what I heard, someone can get it in the most rare cases just by the chance of magic."

"So it was just caused by a stroke of luck?" Scott questioned, getting confirmation from Joel.

"Shelby, do you know something about it?" fWhip asked.

"One of my witchcraft books contains information about it..." Shelby told them honestly.

"Are you two able to tell us more about it?"

"I only know that tiny bit." Joel mentioned.

Shelby cleared their throat, "It's a disease caused by unrequited love. The person will cough up flowers and blood, gradually getting worse over time. It's deadly, if not cured."

A bit of shook seemed to go through the emperors. One of their server mates could die... Not with respawning like normal... Permadeath.

"W-what's the cure!? We have to do something! We can't just let someone die!" Jimmy expressed strongly.

"There are two cures." Shelby admitted, "Surgery or a special potion can remove it, but that also removes the feelings towards the other person, and memories in some conditions. The other cure... is telling the person, and the person returns their feelings."

A nervous silence filled the large cave. Nobody was sure how to respond. What was their plan?

Coughing interrupted the silence, Pix quickly pushing himself up from the table. They coughed into his hands, taking a few steps back from everyone. All eyes sat on them... Shelby rushed to him quickly, putting a hand on their back.

"Pix! Don't strain yourself!"

"Th-they- I- They know... They all know..." Panic filled Pix. It was all fuzzy. Everyone, not just Shelby, Scott, and fWhip, knew about it.

"Were you never planning on telling them?"

Pix shook his head quickly, gasping quickly, before placing their hands on his knees, hacking up flowers and blood. Everything was fading in and out of focus. He couldn't place voices to names. He could only focus on one thing.

The full allium that sat in amongst the small, petal sized, flowers.

"Do we need medical supplies!?"

"Pix!? Can you hear us?"

"Get him water! Quickly!"

The emperors were clearly panicking, with fWhip trying to calm them down at least a bit.

Pix felt hands take his, looking up the see the blurry figure. With... with a big hat. It was Shelby. Pix pushed them off of him lightly. They needed to get out. The cave seemed too overwhelming...

And everything went dark.

(741 words)