Chapter 14 - It Grows

I know I JUST posted a chapter, but this one came really easy to me so I was able to write it quickly. Maybe because it's more angsty...

Anyways, enjoy!

-----

"Love... You love me?" The bard tilted his head, the sunset shining beautifully off his blonde hair.

"Y-yes..."

The bard leaned forward, his face so close. "Why did you ever think I would love you back?"

"What..."

"Pix, you disgust me." The bard stood, taking a step back. He turned away from the brunette before speaking again, "I would never love someone like you."

Coughs echoed out, the gradient sky fading to a red. Blood was everyone... It stained the ground... Their hands... His heart. Flowers scattered around him, rough hacking as the purple flowers hit the ground. Vines escaped his mouth, blood red.

It hurt.

Everything hurt.

Pix shot up, curling over as a few coughs escaped his lips. His head was spinning. Everything hurt... Their neck hurt a lot...

Huh, normally it was his throat... Pix's hand moved to rest on the pained spot. That's when they felt it...

A flower.

Growing out of their skin...

"Oh- No, no, no, no, no..." By now, the archaeologist had shot out of bed, scrambling around to find some kind of reflective surface in his makeshift room. Finally, he found a small hand held mirror they had shoved in some random chest. At first, they just stared at his own reflection.

They looked like a mess... Unwashed, tangled, messy hair. Blood staining his mouth. Dark eyebags. Unkempt -still pretty short, impressive since he hadn't trimmed it- beard.

Finally he tore their eyes from their own appearance, directing the mirror to their neck. Yep... A purple allium tore from his skin, the veins around it a dark green, like vines.

"A-am I going to die..?"

Nobody was there to answer the question. He didn't even want an answer. Two days...

He just had to last two days.

"Pix... It's the middle of summer, why do you have a scarf on?" Scott questioned as Pix was walking quickly towards him.

"Scott- It's urgent, can we talk? How much do you know about the hanahaki disease?"

"Pix. What's wrong? Come on, come on, we can head into my home." Scott led the archaeologist quickly along the paths through Chromia.

Scott gestured to a seat, the brunette nodding as he took it.

"What is it, Pixl?"

"So- Um- I think I'm going to die?" Pix's voice was panicky and quick, as he slipped the scarf off. A gasp could be heard from the ruler of the colour kingdom.

"Oh my god-" Scott rushed close, Pix tilting his head to give Scott a better look, "Definitely connected to hanahaki... It has the same magical aura that those flowers he asked me about had... Much stronger though. And your veins..."

"I know it's connected to hanahaki... I just- I just am worried... Am I going to die..?"

"Depends when you confess, or take the potion."

"Hopefully in two days..."

Scott gasped, not a shocked, or scared one, a happy sounding one, "You asked Oli out!?"

"What- Two things!" Pix shook his head, staring at the excited queer, "One, it's not a date. It's just a hangout. At the beach... At night- actually I think Oli said it would work better to get there a bit before sunset-"

"EEEEE-" Scott cleared his throat after that screech, "Go on."

"And two! How the hell did you know it was Oli!?"

"Eh- Pretty easy to figure out. You were getting closer to him, and then his hanahaki thing popped up. Plus, I know you're gay, and Oli's the only male emperor that would like alliums."

"What about Sausage-"

"Sausage likes every flower, we ignore that. Well- I think Sausage actually likes wither roses most for some reason... Weird." Scott shrugged, before continuing, "But, yeah, it was pretty easy to figure out. fWhip is still trying to figure it out, and when I mentioned Oli he was very defensive in the fact that it couldn't be."

"fWhip doesn't like Oli..."

"Oli was the one who took the deep dark's treasures-"

"Oli was here before any of us!" Pix pointed out, "Nobody else was even there. Oli was alone, and was just exploring..."

"I know, I know, but fWhip can be... Unreasonable." Scott sighed, before mentioning, 'Oh- You need to go see Shelby!"

"Why...?"

"Your neck, obviously!"

"How long?"

"Just today." Pix answered honestly, as Shebly finally moved back.

"You need to just confess, this is getting really dangerous."

"I'm going to, I'm going to! I have a plan..."

"A plan?"

"Mhm. I promise."

(696 words)