Chapter 11 - Best Friend

Their eyes blinked open, finally aware of his surroundings again. His head hurt a ton... Slowly, the archaeologist sat up, looking around. Colourful... Fabric... Sand... The sound of water...

Definitely the Olipeligo... How did he get there?

He coughed violently, moving to sit on the side of the bed. Blood stained the ground. Their eyes widened, seeing the now three full alliums...

No no no no no no no no-

"Pix! You're awake!" The brunette turned to the sound of a certain bard's voice. "Oli- Um- what am I doing here?" Pix questioned as Oli walked closer.

"Well, you were set up in a bed in Gobland for a while, but they constantly needed someone to be close by incase you woke up." Oli explained, "And I'm really the only emperor with constant free time... And I didn't really want to have to say in Gobland- y'know, bad memories. So, Joel moved you here!"

"Oh... that's... That's one explanation." Pix chuckled, "And sorry for the blood..." Pix vaguely gestured to the ground.

"Don't worry about it!" Oli smiled, "Oh, right, I was supposed to tell someone when you're awake..."

"Please don't..." Pix mumbled, Oli tilted his head in confusion, "fWhip and Scott are going to question me about all of it..."

"I think they got all the answers from Shelby." Oli said, before mentioning, "And they said they think they know who you like, so they will be able to help! -wow, that sentence had a lot of theys..."

"They think they know..." Pix mumbled. How would someone figure that out!? He hadn't even told Shelby!

"Oh, and on the topic of your whole... um... disease thing." Pix couldn't bare to look at Oli, knowing they would probably just cough, "I want to help you! You don't have to tell me who, but I am here to help if you need it!"

Pix gave a sad smile, "Thanks..."

"Oh, I should get you something to eat!" Oli mentioned quickly, running off to one of his chests. He checked through it, soon pulling out some steak. He brought it back over to the brunette, handing it over along with a bottle of water.

"Thank you..."

"Soooo... Do you need any help with... y'know, telling the person and planning or anything?" Oli asked, tilting his head curiously.

"No, I don't think so. Maybe just moral support while I slowly die?" Pix suggested.

"I can't have you dying on me! I'll have to change my will, so that someone else gets the dragon egg when I die!" Oli joked.

"That egg is this world's history! You can't just give it to someone!"

"Well my will says that when I die, you get the egg... so that's still someone?"

"I would put it in a museum!" Pix mentioned, before adding, "I can't have you dying on my either!"

"Then you'll never get the egg."

"Worth it for you to stay with me." Pix said matter of factly, coughing a few times.

"Lore man giving up history for me? I must be your best friend!" Oli smiled widely.

Pix chuckled, "Something like that..."

Oli leaned on Pix's shoulder, "Admit I'm your best friend!"

"God, fine, fine! You're my best friend." Pix laughed, Oli with a smug smirk. "You are the person I feel most comfortable around..."

"Even with me not being there when all of you started your empires?" Oli questioned.

"Yeahh...."

"Oh. How special am I!" Oli smirked, "You put off work to hangout with me, you say I'm worth more than the dragon egg, and I'm your best friend!"

God, if he just knew how I feel... Pix thought to themself, a small, sad frown on his face.

"Looking sad? Not on my watch!" Oli tackled him with a hug, Pix laughing from the smaller boy's action. He soon burst out in coughs, Oli quickly getting off them. A worried expression sat on the bard's face, as he opened his mouth to speak.

"Bard! I let you watch over Pix and I come back to him coughing because of your careless action!?"

Soon enough, a goblin sat at Pix's side, handing him some water. Pix drank the contents of the bottle quickly, before curling over and coughing up a few flowers.

"Pix, are you alright?" fWhip asked, a hand on the archaeologist's back.

"I- I'm fine..." Pix mumbled, glancing up at the now standing bard. Oli looked... scared? Sorry? Worried? Pix couldn't tell.

fWhip stood, rushing forward to Oli, "How can you be so careless!? Pix is dealing with something extremely serious here! You can't seem to ever be serious, can you!?"

Oli definitely looked scared.

"fWhip, it's not his fault." Pix quickly said, "He noticed I was looking a bit sad, and he was just trying to cheer me up with a hug! I started laughing, and it turned into coughing."

fWhip looked Oli up and down for a moment, before scoffing, and turning back to Pix. "You doing alright, Pix?"

"Yeah, I'm doing fine." Pix pushed his to a stand.

"Should we get you home?" fWhip suggested.

"That would be nice." Pix nodded.

fWhip tossed an elytra to Pix, "I'll fly with you the whole way to make sure you get home safely. Don't need you to fall out of the sky again."

"Can I come-" Oli started as fWhip cut him off.

"I think it would be better if you stayed here." fWhip told him, a frown falling onto Oli's face.

"Oh- Um... Right... See you another time, Pix!" Oli gave a sad smile, waving quickly, before heading back into his tent.

Pix raised his hand to wave back but Oli was already gone. The brunette turned back to the goblin. "Why are you so rude to Oli?"

"The bard?" fWhip raised an eyebrow, "Why do you care? He's just a poor thief."

Pix glared at fWhip, before putting on his elytra. "Let's... Let's just go."

(937 words)