Chapter 6 - A plan? Nope.

A plan. He didn't have a plan.

"So, what do you plan to do?"

"I don't have any plan... I don't even understand love. Should I just get closer with him?"

"Yeah, that would be good-" Shubly was cut off by a loud cough from the archaeologist. "How about you go ask to hangout soon? It might help for you to just have a short hangout first."

"But I might cough, and he'll find out! I don't know how I would explain it- plus it's not like he is the smartest with things like that so even if I did explain I doubt he would understand!" Pix let out an annoyed groan, coughing a few more times, "Is it normal for it to hurt so much already..?"

"Yeah, it's a very painful disease. You could be done with the pain if you told him." Shelby mentioned.

"I know, I know, but how am I supposed to just tell someone I like them after I only just figured out that I like them more than just platonically!" Pix broke into a coughing fit, many, many flowers filling the air.

"Pix, calm down!" Shelby urged them, placing a hand on his back. Thankfully, the coughing soon came to a slow, a bit of blood running down his chin. Shelby grabbed a cloth, wiping the blood off. "I- I'm going to get going..." Pix mumbled, standing up. He pushed past her.

He ran their hand along Winchester's feathers. "I'm going to be alright... Right, Winchester?"

What were they doing talking to a bird...?

With a sigh, he got onto his mount. Riding home, something came to Pix's mind. "Who would take care of you once I'm gone..?" Pix felt like crying. Imagining Winchester alone... That gave Pix an idea. A will! Write a will. If he would be dead soon anyways, it would be good to have a record of where his stuff goes! That came to the problem that he didn't have many things that belonged to himself. Most of it was for restoration...

Guess that idea was out the window. Maybe just note down where they want Winchester to go...

"Pix!" Arriving in the Ancient Capital, he was met with a few faces. Scott. fWhip. And Oli. Why those three, out of all people!? "H-hey... What do you guys need?"

"I don't know what Oli needs, but me and Scott came to ask you soon questions." fWhip stated, "Oli was already here when we got here."

"I came to hangout!" Oli smiled widely.

Pix hated both of those ideas. "Well, I was just about to start something, so I'm a bit busy..."

"Couldn't you push things back?"

"I could..."

"Then, please do." Scott said, "We want to talk now."

"Should I just go..?" Oli asked awkwardly.

"No-" Pix paused, his cheeks heating up, "I- I'd prefer if you stayed... Scott, fWhip, could we do that questioning another time?"

"Fine." Scott said, rolling his eyes. "Come on, Scott, no need to be sassy." Pix mentioned, getting a chuckle from the colourful man. Him and fWhip left, not before fWhip reminding Pix to get rest.

"Soooo, didn't you say you were busy? Why'd you let me stay?" Oli question.

"Just... Thought it would be nice just to hang out. My work can wait."

Oli gasped, a smile on his face, "I feel special! Should we go somewhere? Ooh, we could hangout in that glowy orchid thing you have!"

"My froglight orchid?" Pix questioned.

"Yeah, that's what it is! I've always thought it was very pretty, especially at night! The sun is going down so it's a great time!"

"Alright, alright." They chuckled, "How 'bout you wait for me there? I need to put away a few things, 'kay?"

With Oli running off, Pix finally let his coughs come out. It hurt so much. Blood was everywhere. Flowers were everywhere. Thankfully, the flowers still came out as individual, small ones. It still hurt a ton. Pix felt light headed, placing their hands on his knees. Their gasps were quick, rapid as he tried to regain his breath. Soon enough, he could breathe again.

They rushed to the catacombs, placing a few items in chests, and getting changed into something a bit less bloody. It was just another of the same outfit, so hopefully Oli didn't notice.

Oli... They actually got to hangout was Oli? He was getting to hang out with Oli!? It only now weighed on his mind.

Was it...

A date?

No, no, it couldn't be. Oli wouldn't want to go on a date with them out of all people! Right? Did Oli want it to be a date?

And down at the orchid, Oli was contemplating the same thing. Was it a date? Did Pix want it to be a date?

Yes.

They both did.

Of course they had no way to know that.

Pix sighed, hopping back onto Winchester. To the orchid...

(785 words)