Chapter 12 - "Careless Bard"

First chapter to not include the main character, wow. Also, please don't be too annoyed with fWhip in this... He's kinda being an asshole...

Anyways, enjoy!

--------

His legs swung peacefully, a small, sad smile sitting on his face. Pix would be alright! That's what he hoped...

But why hadn't Pix told him before?

Oli shook his head quickly. His goal now was to help Pix. To help them no matter what. Even though it hurt...

The sound of rockets alerted the small bard. Was Pix back already? He listened from inside his tent, to how the sand sounded as the person landed.

No... Too light...

Only a few of the emperors were small enough to make such little noise when landing on the sand. So... He knew who it was.

"Bard!"

Oli quickly stood, making sure his lute was on his back, before exiting the colourful tent. As he expected, he was met with a small goblin. Surprisingly loud for how small he was...

"Hello kind sir, welcome back-" Oli gave a small bow, before being interrupted.

"Bard, if you are going to stay near Pix, you better be real careful!" fWhip yelled, the blonde flinching.

"I'm not sure what you mean..."

"Oh, don't give me that! This is a really delicate situation that me and Scott are trying to deal with in the best way possible, and you are not taking this seriously one bit!"

"Yes, I am!" Oli finally yelled back, "I am trying my best to be there for Pix! Maybe they don't always want things to be so boring and serious!?"

"Don't talk back to me, thief." fWhip glared up at the bard, "You are in debt to me, remember? How 'bout you don't talk back, and things won't get worse for you?"

"Are you blackmailing me..?"

fWhip let out a low chuckled, "No, no, I don't know where you'd get that idea."

Oli laughed awkwardly, "I think I should just go back into my tent, y'know? And you.. Um... Can just leave?"

"Oh, I would be more than happy to leave this... empire..." fWhip, turned to leave, mentioning one last thing, "Be careful around Pix. Or, y'know, it might be better if you just stayed away from him."

Oli watched as the goblin shot off with rockets. His mouth sat slightly agape, as tears filled his eyes. He knew fWhip didn't like him, but... did he really hate him that much?

Thoughts filled the boy's mind. Should he just stay away from Pix..? Would it be better for everyone? But he promised to help...

Oli shook his head quickly, trying to think of anything else. Tears fell from his eyes. He needed to talk to someone, it was too much...

But who- Nobody knew him, nobody recognized him...

Gem!

With a few sharp breaths, he shot off into the skies. He needed to talk with her, to get her opinion! Yep, that's what it was for!

Everything would be fine... That's what Oli told himself.

He didn't know if it was true...

(458 words)