Chapter 9 - Run

I'm back! I pushed through to finish this chapter, so I hope it's alright. It's also a pretty short chapter, but with my plans it will be getting more interesting after this!

Enjoy!

--------

The colourful houses came into view. It wasn't too late to run. Pix really wanted to do that. It would be so much easier.

"Pix! I'm glad you finally made it."

Of course someone would spot them before he could leave. "Hey, Scott." They gave a wave, wandering closer.

Could still run...

"Pix! Hey, buddy!" The goblin ruler smiled, giving a welcoming wave. Pix awkwardly smiled, glancing between the two rulers.

"Sooo... What did you need me for?" Pix glanced around, placing his eyes anywhere but those two.

"Don't play dumb, Pix." Scott stated, getting straight -well nothing about Scott was straight- to the point.

"I- I think you'll have to be more clear..."

"We're worried about you!" fWhip mentioned, "And we both have seen it, and we want an explanation."

"About what..?"

"The flowers, and blood, Pix! This reaction is making it quite clear that something is wrong!" Scott raised his voice when speaking.

They could still run... "Y'know, I think I have something I need to get done! There- there were some issues with the catacombs I had to deal with!"

"Pix..." fWhip took a step forward as Pix took one back. "Pix, we just want to help."

"Don't worry about me, fWhip! I already have someone trying to help... I just need to figure things out." Pix told the goblin, taking a few more steps back.

"Who?" fWhip questioned, though Pix was already getting ready to leave.

"Pix! Please-"

Pix had turned on their heel already, shooting off quickly. He thought he had enough courage to tell them... Nope. Of course they didn't.

How was he even supposed to explain it to them! 'Oh, hey, I'm going to die if I don't tell Oli I like him.' That would sound so stupid! Coughs interrupted their smooth flight, risking another crash landing. Thankfully, they kept balance well enough to not crash into their mountain.

His breath was quick when they finally landed. It all hurt. His mind was fuzzy. They- they just ran away from someone to avoid talking!?

Did that make them a bad person...

He didn't want to think about that. He knew he couldn't run forever. They would have to talk at some point.

His breath was quick, unsure of what to do. Were they going to come force him to tell them? They had accepted the fact that he had to tell them, but they weren't as ready as they thought he was...

A buzz was felt against their wrist.

[fWhip] How soon can we play a server meeting?

[fWhip] It's important

(404 words)